The Student Room Group

One of the universities I applied for has discontinued the course. Help please!!

One of my offers has been discontinued- has this happened to anyone else and what have you done about it. I don't know if I should apply to the same uni for a different course or a different uni even though I won't have visited it :,( it had to happen to the course I was definitely going to put as my insurance.
Now if I apply to another through cleaning/extra and I don't get accepted can I apply again, or is it a one shot job?
Also, is it possible to accept my firm choice and choose an insurance afterwards or do I need to do them together??

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by 06reedd
One of my offers has been discontinued- has this happened to anyone else and what have you done about it. I don't know if I should apply to the same uni for a different course or a different uni even though I won't have visited it :,( it had to happen to the course I was definitely going to put as my insurance.
Now if I apply to another through cleaning/extra and I don't get accepted can I apply again, or is it a one shot job?
Also, is it possible to accept my firm choice and choose an insurance afterwards or do I need to do them together??

Posted from TSR Mobile

If the course is being discontinued you can ask the university to consider you for a different course if there is one that interests you.

You have to reply to all offers at the same time - so firm and insurance in one go.

If you've not applied to 5 courses - apply to more now. You can't go through Extra if you're holding offers. If you wanted to go through Extra you'd need to decline all offers - which I assume you don't want to do, as this was only an insurance place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending