The Student Room Group

Arts vs Science A Levels

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum although I have lurked for several months.

A question has recently popped into my mind regarding arts A-Levels and science A-Levels.

For example, is A*A*A* in Maths, Chemistry and Physics more respected than say, an AAA in English, History and Religious Studies? And vice versa?

What do you guys think?
Reply 1
Depends on what you wanna do after school. Obviously maths, chemistry, biology, physics may be greater beneficial and link with medicine. But your example is absolutely atrocious.

A mix in my opinion is better than a 'pure', but its up to the persons strengths and interests yada yada.
A*A*A* in any 3 subjects is better than AAA in any 3 subjects, generally speaking of course....

AAA in Biology Chemistry and Physics obviously looks better than AAA in Media, Drama and Music though.

However it all depends on what you plan to do at university. For an English Literature degree having English Lit, Media and Sociology (the latter 2 being generally blacklisted subjects) at AAA would be more beneficial than more traditional 'harder' subjects like Maths, Further Maths and a MFL. If you get what I mean :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest