The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ultimate1
Nice guys always end up last, especially with women.

Women will only settle with the nice guy [Notice settle, not casual relationships] if the cock carousel has dried up and no other high status male even looks at her and she is way past her sexual prime. Then of course she will divorce him in a few years and take him for all he's worth.

My first step advice to 'nice guys' is to stop treating women like princesses and inflating their egos.

Why do you have such a negative, bitter view of all women? Did your mother not hug you enough? There is no need to hold such resentment, it's obvious in your posts.
Reply 21
Original post by llessur123
Why do you have such a negative, bitter view of all women? Did your mother not hug you enough? There is no need to hold such resentment, it's obvious in your posts.

This isn't being mean too women, in fact we admire your sense of discretion when it comes to not settling for what you don't want. This is man-to-man advice, about how a guy can improve his attractiveness.

And yeah, I've never known a 'nice' nice guy to do well with women. I consider myself a nice guy, but not in the sense that I bow down to their demands, change who I am, start treating them like a princess because I'm scared they'll scarper if I disagree with them or don't do what they want.

So in short, being 'nice' conveys weakness. It shows you don't want to upset girls because you're scared if you upset them at all they'll run away because being nice is the only positive quality you have. It shows desperation that you think this girl will be the only one who ever comes along.
Reply 22
What a ****ed up world we live in
Reply 23

Lolwut.

Nice ad-hom bro do it again.

I tear into nice guys as well all the time, heck I was doing it there too.

But what I said was not false and is indeed observed reality. Now if reality portrays women in a bitter light, well, it isn't really my fault.
Reply 24
Original post by Jack the hat
Has any females on here ever been chatted up or dated by one? As I'm looking into my behavior and hoping I don't recognize the same traits they have in me?

It's funny how quickly 'nice guys' turn not so nice after being rejected. He started to manipulate and guilt trip me so badly.
Reply 25
Original post by theguv92
This isn't being mean too women, in fact we admire your sense of discretion when it comes to not settling for what you don't want. This is man-to-man advice, about how a guy can improve his attractiveness.

And yeah, I've never known a 'nice' nice guy to do well with women. I consider myself a nice guy, but not in the sense that I bow down to their demands, change who I am, start treating them like a princess because I'm scared they'll scarper if I disagree with them or don't do what they want.

So in short, being 'nice' conveys weakness. It shows you don't want to upset girls because you're scared if you upset them at all they'll run away because being nice is the only positive quality you have. It shows desperation that you think this girl will be the only one who ever comes along.

True very well said. Nice guys literally do need to man up [I hate using that phrase but this is where it's appropriate]. Being a nice guy may have worked in the 1920's but not anymore. And yes the moaning of the nice guys is very annoying but in a way you can't blame them. The media all the time tries to portray that nice guys will be successful with girls despite reality being very different.
Reply 26
So where are all the nice girls nowadays? I'd love to meet one. A lot of the ones I know are only seemingly nice to get something, i.e. someone to bitch too or a free drink.

I don't see anything wrong with being a nice person. As long as it's not fake.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Triple-Sod
Always reminds me of those kids who’re completely mediocre academically, yet cling to the delusion that they’re some sort of bloody genius.

Serves a similar purpose doesn’t it?

I remember one lad, used to sit next to me in physics and would have you believe he was next Stephan Hawkins,
Anyway I bet him in this test and obviously couldn’t help but rub it in,

Oh but of course this wasn’t ‘real physics’ it was an oversimplified version, dumbed down for us mere plebs and you see the answers he’d given had obviously been so utterly brilliant they’d gone over the heads of the markers and well outside the bounds of any of their silly little criteria.

'Yeah but mate....it was multiple choice'

Yeah I know a guy exactly like that. I feel that he is 'over-compensating' more than anything else.

Now I just laugh when he makes up stories or tells us how he is going to become this world leading lawyer/banker/politician which changes from week to week because I know that he feels inadequate in front of me.

Feel sorry for them, don't be angry at them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 29
Being kind, generous or good-natured in and of itself is not a negative personality trait. In fact for most people it is desirable. But one must realise that on its own it will not make one instantly attractive or desirable.

The main problem is that being "nice" is just a front that many guys put forward to either avoid being themselves (and having their true personalities subject to other's views and opinions, which is just cowardice) and/or to manifest some sort of inferiority complex, which is normally founded behind a superiority complex. Unfortunately for them, most girls see straight through this (either subconsciously or consciously) and go for someone who is being genuine. Even if they are being annoying, rude or even cruel - they are still being themselves and being straightforward about that. And it is always the "nice guys" who go complaining about their own lack of success and saying that they have some right for every female to fall to their feet. And this, in my opinion, just proves the inferiority complex (born of a superiority complex) to be the correct explanation.
Reply 30
Original post by Michaelj
So where are all the nice girls nowadays? I'd love to meet one. A lot of the ones I know are only seemingly nice to get something, i.e. someone to bitch too or a free drink.

Mate, you should always know that EVERYTHING is a man's fault. Women cannot ever be held accountable for anything.
Lolwut.

Nice ad-hom bro do it again.

I tear into nice guys as well all the time, heck I was doing it there too.

But what I said was not false and is indeed observed reality. Now if reality portrays women in a bitter light, well, it isn't really my fault.

I'm not disagreeing with your views on this topic, I don't care and you're pretty much right in what you said.

I'm just wondering why in every topic about women you sound quite emotionally involved, you constantly sound pissed of at the entire female population. In certain topics I can see your name and almost guess what the tone is going to be before I read the post, and that is saying something considering I'm not a particularly observant person. Cheer up, we aren't all bad.
Reply 32
Original post by Michaelj

Maybe you're just a bitch magnet? I've met loads of nice girls, even including myself I think :P but then again I don't go out just to find someone to bitch too, and I'd rather not get free drinks from strangers...that's just me
Reply 33
I'm not disagreeing with your views on this topic, I don't care and you're pretty much right in what you said.

I'm just wondering why in every topic about women you sound quite emotionally involved, you constantly sound pissed of at the entire female population. In certain topics I can see your name and almost guess what the tone is going to be before I read the post, and that is saying something considering I'm not a particularly observant person. Cheer up, we aren't all bad.

Probably because I am a pessimistic person.

I've blasted a lot of men on here too. Just recently there's been quite a few topics about women so it's been pretty interesting to have my input being put in, controversial or not.
Probably because I am a pessimistic person.

I've blasted a lot of men on here too. Just recently there's been quite a few topics about women so it's been pretty interesting to have my input being put in, controversial or not.

Fair enough, at least you have the balls to say it and be honest instead of doing the whole nice guy thing described here.
nice guy's probably the wrong description.
you can be nice, even very nice and still have a very attractive personality to women. show them you're happy to be there, and not just happy if they are happy. most young women/girls do not want to meet the man of their dreams, she wants somebody she can have fun with who isn't constantly worrying about upsetting her.
naturally people don't enjoy things that are easy, they want a challenge, some excitement. be kind and considerate, but most of all considerate towards yourself and have fun! unless she's power mad, she doesn't want to be your life. (and if she's power mad what are you doing with her laa?)
Original post by Anonymous

Did you have chemistry?"
Me: "Yep"

etc

but I didn't really feel we had chemistry

Sorry had to be done :biggrin:

But yes I do understand what you're saying
Reply 37
The problem with most 'nice-guys' is that they aren't nice. Some people have the idea that if you feed a girl enough niceness tokens eventually she'll give you some sex in return because she owes it to you right? And if she doesn't that's not your fault for being boring/fat/pervy or simply just not her type, it's the fault of 'nice guy syndrome'. The same with 'friendzoning' *shudder*. People blame 'the friendzone' for not getting with a girl, when really they're in the 'friendzone' because the girl doesn't want to have sex with them but actually wants to be friends. Funny how self proclaimed nice guys don't really appreciate that that is what she might actually want.

Thinking of girls as machines that you have to be 'nice' to in order to get what you want, e.g. sex, isn't actually a very nice way of thinking, meaning that if you do you're probably not actually a nice guy, which is why girls don't like you.

Also, go on google images and search 'nice guys of okcupid'. Top blokes, the lot of them.
Reply 38
Nice guys always end up last, especially with women.

Women will only settle with the nice guy [Notice settle, not casual relationships] if the cock carousel has dried up and no other high status male even looks at her and she is way past her sexual prime. Then of course she will divorce him in a few years and take him for all he's worth.

My first step advice to 'nice guys' is to stop treating women like princesses and inflating their egos.

This is just offensive and unfair. For clarity:

What do you mean by nice guy?
What do you mean by "women"?

Because if by nice you mean pleasant and decent, and by women you mean all women - then what you are saying is plain untrue, and does speak of some kind of irrational hatred you have for women.

Loads of pleasant and decent guys get female partners who are also pleasant and decent. The truth is the world isn't such a terrible place and it's a minority of both genders which are horrible people.

Divorce may be common, but it isn't the result of all or even most marriages. And the woman "taking the man for all he's worth"? You probably have a small handful of high profile cases*, and a pack of stereotypical views to back this up and that's it. The truth is that divorce can be ugly, but it can go either way, and more often is settled amicable/fairly than with one person "taking" the other.

*Note the women who do this on purpose aren't "settling for a nice guys", how laughable - the men involved are usually rich celebrities with high status and high confidence.

The cock carousel? Most women don't even have any/much casual sex, and logic dictates they certainly don't have more than men(!) Even if they did, why use such a judgemental and offensive term (to both the women and the men involved) to describe that choice?
Even if you judge heterosexual casual sex as bad, there's no reasonable basis for saying one gender is the worse for doing it, as it obviously involves both.

Of course noone should pathetically suck up to others without reason or basis. But if you think this leads to women having particularly big heads, you're wrong. Some do, but so do some guys.

If anything, this whole phenomenon we're discussing (aka entitled, dishonest, pathetic thinking which is ultimately sexist) is one which undermines women and their status (as being there to fulfill men, as being obliged to provide sexual/romantic favours, as being "bitches" for having free will), not something which adds in a positive way to their lives.

Now I'm sorry to take you on personally on this, but I think you always have something negative to say about women, and you don't consider how unfair and rude you are being - particularly to the TSR population which let's face it on the whole are going to be completely away from the nasty negative stereotype you purport.
Reply 39
I'm a nice guy and i don't do it to blackmail etc like you make out nor do i expect anything in return. I do it because it comes naturally to me. Theres too much generalization here.
I guess biggest problem with us nice guys is we also make a good doormat sometimes for *******s, but that doesn't change anything and i will always be nice i just cut them out my life and move on.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending