The Student Room Group

possible clearing

Ive applied for geography, I am likely to meet my firm choice of ABB.

However I am having second thoughts, about the course and Uni and future employment.

I was wondering if a can get through clearing to study a business course, I should have graded ABB, and I have a business studies A level.

When i phone clearing at a uni, they will see my geography personal statement, how could I solve this situation?

thanks for reading.
Reply 1
Original post by freedom
Ive applied for geography, I am likely to meet my firm choice of ABB.

However I am having second thoughts, about the course and Uni and future employment.

I was wondering if a can get through clearing to study a business course, I should have graded ABB, and I have a business studies A level.

When i phone clearing at a uni, they will see my geography personal statement, how could I solve this situation?

thanks for reading.

I think you'll may have to re do your personal statement.
Reply 2
Original post by WorkHardNow
I think you'll may have to re do your personal statement.

I dont think you can redo it, when you have already applied.
Reply 3
bump.

Advice anyone/
Hey :smile: I didn't realise you could edit your personal statement once it'd been sent off to UCAS. If you'd like my advice I would contact any universities directly and explain why I wanted to study Business at 'X' university. They're usually very understanding :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by EllaBella<3
Hey :smile: I didn't realise you could edit your personal statement once it'd been sent off to UCAS. If you'd like my advice I would contact any universities directly and explain why I wanted to study Business at 'X' university. They're usually very understanding :smile:

when should I do this, before the clearing period, before results day? soon as possible?

Yeah i dont think you can edit your PS once you send it off.
Reply 6
If the course you want to do is at the same uni you've already applied to, talk to them and see what they suggest.
Original post by freedom
when should I do this, before the clearing period, before results day? soon as possible?

Yeah i dont think you can edit your PS once you send it off.

I'd do it as soon as possible! I wouldn't go in to clearing i'd apply through UCAS extra! If you're sure that you don't want to study Geography and you want to do Business then decline your offers and apply to courses through Extra. It's what i'd do anyway :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by freedom
I dont think you can redo it, when you have already applied.

I'm not sure but you should have a look on the UCAS website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending