The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Bentham House - Law Faculty - Facilities?

Hello

I've visited several new or recently refurbished campus universities over the last few weeks and have been greatly impressed by the facilities on offer. Everything is new and well designed - it feels like what is there is fit for purpose. I also have a conditional offer from UCL to read Law but am getting a little concerned, after seeing the accommodation, that the faculty might be a little, hm, weathered? I realise UCL is completely different - it's a non campus university - but I'd still like to know what people have thought when visiting/ studying there?

I'm going to visit at some point in the near future too.

Thanks

Matt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I think Bentham is snazzy :smile: hah.
It depends where in the building you are to be honest! Some parts are new / refurbished, so our biggest lecture theatre in there is very modern with fancy mood lighting (it makes lectures more interesting!) but there's a smaller one which is slightly shabby and old. But the moot court room is fairly new and very pretty.
All the seminar/tutorial rooms I've been in this year are fairly modern and fine, but the older ones are nicer really because they're pretty with wood-panelling!
We have half of our lectures in other buildings anyway (I have them in Chemistry and Medical Sciences too), but I still prefer Bentham. Something to do with the marble floors and wood panelling :wink:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by steffanie
I think Bentham is snazzy :smile: hah.
It depends where in the building you are to be honest! Some parts are new / refurbished, so our biggest lecture theatre in there is very modern with fancy mood lighting (it makes lectures more interesting!) but there's a smaller one which is slightly shabby and old. But the moot court room is fairly new and very pretty.
All the seminar/tutorial rooms I've been in this year are fairly modern and fine, but the older ones are nicer really because they're pretty with wood-panelling!
We have half of our lectures in other buildings anyway (I have them in Chemistry and Medical Sciences too), but I still prefer Bentham. Something to do with the marble floors and wood panelling :wink:

Marble floors and wood panelling don't bother me - think they can be quite nice. It's dreary 70s fittings that are going grey that bother me! You've reassured me!!! Anything else I should know before I visit? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply