The Student Room Group

Η Ελληνική Κοινωνία

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Captain Scarlet
Secondly. Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool are in the semi-finals of the Champions league :biggrin: United will win it :biggrin:

3 british teams in the semi-finals and the best they did was a 2nd place :P
xania7

HAhahahaha! True. I was at a cafe downtown yesterday (xereis pos einai stis ellinofones xores), kai oloi vlepame to match se dyo apo ekeines tis terasties plasma TV...
Oloi ypostirizan to Milano...ektos i aderfi mou lol. Itan poli apogoitevmeni, alla ti na kanoume? Ego den pira meri...much safer :p:

Pos eisai?
xania7

*glares*

We still have the best league in the world :wink:
Reply 203
Les_Miserables
HAhahahaha! True. I was at a cafe downtown yesterday (xereis pos einai stis ellinofones xores), kai oloi vlepame to match se dyo apo ekeines tis terasties plasma TV...
Oloi ypostirizan to Milano...ektos i aderfi mou lol. Itan poli apogoitevmeni, alla ti na kanoume? Ego den pira meri...much safer :p:

Pos eisai?

hehe, i saw the final and the semi-final vs man.utd wearing my lucky milan shirt and pubcrawilng after the match among angry brits :P
genika kala eimai ektos oti exoume exams se 3 vdomades k dn xerw tpt..
Reply 204
Captain Scarlet
*glares*

We still have the best league in the world :wink:

are you from spain?
The_Graveyard_By_Moonligh
Hello Room!!! Any greek studying at University of Edinburgh??? I need some information/tips about Edinburgh....

Only part Greek Edinburgh prospective student, don't think that's particularly helpful.
xania7
hehe, i saw the final and the semi-final vs man.utd wearing my lucky milan shirt and pubcrawilng after the match among angry brits :P
genika kala eimai ektos oti exoume exams se 3 vdomades k dn xerw tpt..

Hahaha - kai ego to idio...mallon, tora exo tis exetaseis, kai den kathome na diavaso! Xazevo...sto TSR, as poume. Kai me exoun faei kai ta kounoupia...

By the way, dog_observing_flea, join the soc! All Greeks welcome, regardless of "purity". And Graecophiles, too, of course :smile:
Reply 207
Ummm...Τι λετε εδω περα ? :P
τεσπα...
Ειμαι newbie εδω , Μανος απο Κρητη :biggrin:
The Mage
Ummm...Τι λετε εδω περα ? :P
τεσπα...
Ειμαι newbie εδω , Μανος απο Κρητη :biggrin:

Elaaa!! Kalosilthes! Vasika, edo leme oti mas katevei, etsi Lc kai Xania?

Diladi exoume 2 paidia apo tin Kriti...yay! Nisiotiko to kanamame to soc. Ego kai i Lc apo Kypro, esy kai o Xania (akougetai ligaki paraxeno, na grafo "o Xania", alla telos panton) apo Kriti...

Pou/ti spudazeis?
Ok I'll join, but would need a translator.
Dog Observing Flea
Ok I'll join, but would need a translator.

Hahaha - no problem! We'll write the stuff in English as well, if you prefer :p: Ever tried to learn Greek?
Reply 211
Les_Miserables
Elaaa!! Kalosilthes!

Thanks! :biggrin:
Les_Miserables
Vasika, edo leme oti mas katevei, etsi Lc kai Xania?

Kalo mou akougetai! :biggrin:
Les_Miserables

Pou/ti spudazeis?

Ummm...Akoma tipota, eimai Lykeio , 1i
alla elpizo na akolouthiso Iatriki stin Ameriki...Makari alla pou..? diskolo...tespa
lol
by the way etsi gia to reference, pano kato posoi edo milane Ellinika ?
The Mage

Ummm...Akoma tipota, eimai Lykeio , 1i
alla elpizo na akolouthiso Iatriki stin Ameriki...Makari alla pou..? diskolo...tespa
lol
by the way etsi gia to reference, pano kato posoi edo milane Ellinika ?

Kai ego lykeio eimai...3i omos. Loipon, poioi miloun ellinika? Mila o xania, i Lc katalavainei, kai milao kai ego. Kai exei ena konstantino kapou, alla den exei kanei post pote tou...

For DoF :smile:

The Mage said that he's still in high school (in response to my asking which uni he goes to). Direct translation:

I'm hoping to study Medicine in the States...I wish, but where? Difficult...anyway. By the way, just for reference, about how many people speak Greek?

And my response:

I'm also in high school...but in 11th grade. So, who speaks greek? Xania does, Lc understands it, and I speak it too. And there's a Konstantinos floating around somewhere, but he's never posted...
Reply 213
Aaaaxxxx....Poor me ...Tomorrow is my Ancient Greek Final...I am already having a headache...anyhow, with a biny bit of more revision and a vast amount of luck I will manage to do well......lol
-----
by the way , what's your name Les_Miserables ? :smile:
-----
I forgot to mention before that I am the webmaster of a Forum ( administrator of GovGaming.com) and a Global Tutor at another , GovClass.com , so if you guys and gals nomizete oti xreiazomaste ena olokliro diko mas private forum stin diathesi mas min distasete na to anaferete , :wink:
:smile:
xania7
are you from spain?

oh haha.

Premier league ftw :wink:
The Mage
Aaaaxxxx....Poor me ...Tomorrow is my Ancient Greek Final...I am already having a headache...anyhow, with a biny bit of more revision and a vast amount of luck I will manage to do well......lol
-----
by the way , what's your name Les_Miserables ? :smile:

Hahahaha - Ancient Greek! You poor thing indeed. I remember having to do it a few years ago - thank goodness I dropped it. Is it still mandatory to do it in 1i lykeiou??! Hah - feel good that I'm not in a Greek school anymore lol...

Good luck!!
You're probably gonna need it...:rolleyes:
Reply 216
Les_Miserables
Is it still mandatory to do it in 1i lykeiou??!

And in 2a [and 3i (I am not sure about the last)]
:mad: *Yuck* It was enough in Gymnasio....We shouldn't continue in Lykeio...:frown:
Well, I did terrible, I barely have gotten 10 (max 20) while every last year I was getting 18+ ....
It was not fair for me, the other student that was still in with me (I finished last , and the rules say that always 2 students must be there, even if the one has finished...) and was talking loud and giggling with the supervisor , and plus they were looking at me like saying "You idion finish so we can leave" , so I got a panic attack , a blackout and managed to do terrible
The Mage
And in 2a [and 3i (I am not sure about the last)]
:mad: *Yuck* It was enough in Gymnasio....We shouldn't continue in Lykeio...:frown:
Well, I did terrible, I barely have gotten 10 (max 20) while every last year I was getting 18+ ....
It was not fair for me, the other student that was still in with me (I finished last , and the rules say that always 2 students must be there, even if the one has finished...) and was talking loud and giggling with the supervisor , and plus they were looking at me like saying "You idion finish so we can leave" , so I got a panic attack , a blackout and managed to do terrible

Oh my GOD. You poor thing!! I have to say that I did laugh a bit, when I read your story. You know, from Arxaia I only remember a few things. I remember that stupid "Eimi, ei, esti, esmen, este, eisin" - or something. And then I DISTINCTLY remember something called an Ypotaktiki, and (with horror) an Efktiki...
Also - THREE YEARS of Arxaia, kai akomi den exo mathei tous kanones tonismou. Evaza pantou oxeies ego...oute perispomenes, oute psiles, oute daseies...

For DoF
- basically, after three years of Ancient Greek, and I still don't know the rules for accents (is that the word in English?)...
Reply 218
ancient greek is compulsory in grades 7-12 (it wasnt in the last grade but they change the program last year)
mage dont worry about yr exams
when i was in 2a lykeiou i had oral grades 12 in the first semester and 11 in the second
and i wrote 3.4 in the exams so i finished with an overall grade of 7.5 out of 20!
Reply 219
xania7
ancient greek is compulsory in grades 7-12 (it wasnt in the last grade but they change the program last year)
mage dont worry about yr exams
when i was in 2a lykeiou i had oral grades 12 in the first semester and 11 in the second
and i wrote 3.4 in the exams so i finished with an overall grade of 7.5 out of 20!

I have had this year 17 and 16 (last year 18 and 19)
and I must have writen below 10.....
It sucks :frown:
now on friday is my other "favorite" class, Thriskeftika...

Tou xronou den tha anexto afto to vaterlo, that kano aitisi gia apalagi apo thriskeftika ......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending