My "relationship" to Greece:
1) I had 2 Greek teachers at my school, none of them taught me but I absolutely adored them >> Greeks rock! They were always smiling and very funny and sweet and always wearing yellow shirts! They are called (absolutely brilliant name) Mr Tsakadakis and (also a cool name) Mr Damarkos.
2) I'm Russian so I share the Orthodox religion with Greeks, and I feel related to them for some reason... Also, Russians stole Greek alphabet and added like 10 letter and called it Russian. It's still alike.
3) There was a boy in my school called Zino by the birth certificate but Zeno in life because his parents didn't know how to spell properly bless! He was pretty much the school clown which confirms my belief that Greeks are funny people!
4) I am totally addicted to Taramasalata ever since I stopped calling it Tiramisu and now I have to buy it every week at Sainsburys. Not as good as the original, but good enough for me! I've been known to complain to Sainsbury's manager because there was no Taramasalata for 2 weeks in a row - the most embarassing thing I've ever done!
5) I think Greece is a really cool country with really cool people, and although I'm not really bothered about traveling and probably won't go anywhere ever, Greece is on of 4 places in the world that I'd like to visit (North Pole, Alaska and Germany are the other 3 )
Last edited by tanusha-tomsk; 03-08-2006 at 13:05.