The Student Room Group

MSc adult nursing UWS 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paula111
Hi, I'm going to apply through the clearing system for a place on the adult nursing masters course at Hamilton. Is anyone else travelling from Ayrshire??

I sat the literacy and numeracy tests with a girl from Ayrshire. Good luck getting in! You know they are also taking students for this course in early 2014 (Feb/March I think?)
Reply 41
Original post by futurenurse
I wouldn't worry about it. I submitted everything by the deadline, but my disclosure form hasn't been sent away because they still haven't processed by unconditional offer yet. That said, I am already a PVG member so it shouldn't take long, but I would've thought they would have processed all the unconditional offers by now for those of us who submitted the paperwork back in May.

Did they say anything to you about when they'll be updating the offers to unconditional? I handed in my paperwork the day after I received my conditional but still haven't had UCAS updated, starting to worry!! I've been in touch with admissions but don't want to seem like I'm hassling - just want to make sure everything is okay for starting in September. Did you hear anything about what's happening?
Original post by ChrisEmma
Did they say anything to you about when they'll be updating the offers to unconditional? I handed in my paperwork the day after I received my conditional but still haven't had UCAS updated, starting to worry!! I've been in touch with admissions but don't want to seem like I'm hassling - just want to make sure everything is okay for starting in September. Did you hear anything about what's happening?

I was worried myself and felt bad after chasing up more than once, but I don't see why we are having to wait so long for our unconditional if the required paperwork was submitted months ago. That said, they did mention being understaffed due to the summer holidays and assured me not to worry. The silver lining in all of this is that our placements don't start until a few months after we've started lectures so I suppose there is time. We all just want peace of mind and our unconditional offer, but the good thing is that we're all in the same boat just now.
Reply 43
Original post by futurenurse
I was worried myself and felt bad after chasing up more than once, but I don't see why we are having to wait so long for our unconditional if the required paperwork was submitted months ago. That said, they did mention being understaffed due to the summer holidays and assured me not to worry. The silver lining in all of this is that our placements don't start until a few months after we've started lectures so I suppose there is time. We all just want peace of mind and our unconditional offer, but the good thing is that we're all in the same boat just now.

My UCAS was updated this morning! You should check yours too!!! Typical that as soon as I put up a post about it they update UCAS! lol. Think I was mostly worried incase my references weren't accepted or something but now it's all gone through I can start preparing for September!! So excited!! Can't wait to see you all there!
Reply 44
Mine still says conditional. I'm worried about my references too. Mine had to be resubmitted because they went AWOL and I only found out they were missing because I called and asked for an update. Keep thinking I'll end up not being there in September. Anyone else finding this stressful. Glad I'm not the only one who has been calling.
Reply 45
I'm getting worried now too, and with 6 weeks to go I'd rather know now :-( who do we phone to pester about our application status lol? I can't find a number on the website x
Reply 46
I just called the main Hamilton switchboard and asked for nursing admissions.
Reply 47
Just tried and when I was transferred there was no answer, just option to type in the switch number of the person I wanted to leave a voicemail for. It's like waiting to hear back from interview again lol
Reply 48
Original post by Deone247
Just tried and when I was transferred there was no answer, just option to type in the switch number of the person I wanted to leave a voicemail for. It's like waiting to hear back from interview again lol

Dont worry too much!! I think mine was only updated cause i've been on the phone at least twice a week to admissions to find out when my application would be updated. I spoke to linsay in admissions and she said that there was delays on everything because the admissions person for this course was on annual leave. Also UCAS track keeps being updated all the time so might not have processed changes to decisions. Maybe just call admissions but dont stress, there's still ages before we start and i'm sure all of the offers will be updated really soon. I expect they were just fed up of hearing from me!
Reply 49
I think it was linsay robb i had spoken to, maybe call and ask for her?
Reply 50
They've rejected my reference :frown:. They are allowing me to get another one but I really feel I've run out of time. My last PVG took 8 weeks to come through and 16th Sept is 7 weeks today. Going to be a very stressful few weeks. Hopefully I still see you all in September.
Reply 51
Original post by shonaT
They've rejected my reference :frown:. They are allowing me to get another one but I really feel I've run out of time. My last PVG took 8 weeks to come through and 16th Sept is 7 weeks today. Going to be a very stressful few weeks. Hopefully I still see you all in September.

Oh no!! :frown: Surely you'd be able to get another reference within that time though? And will they not still be sending your PVG regardless - I would think if they're letting you submit a new reference then they'll have sent the PVG application anyway and just need you to provide a new reference. I really hope they sort it all out really soon for you. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope to see you in September :smile:
Reply 52
They've said my PVG won't be sent until my reference was passed. I only found out there was a problem with my reference because I contacted them and asked what was happening. DOn't know when they were going to tell me :frown:.
Reply 53
Oh no! Well hopefully if you get the new reference in quickly then they'll be able to send it off and get it back quickly. This is really rubbish, poor you. Hope it gets sorted really soon :smile:
Reply 54
Don't worry about the PVG, they are coming through in approx. 2 weeks now. They are especially quick if you are already on the system. I have not even been sent mine yet as my application is still being processed to unconditional and my start date for the course is September. Don't think the PVG will be relevant until you start placement. Do you know how many weeks we will be in Uni until our first placement.
Original post by IAL11
Don't worry about the PVG, they are coming through in approx. 2 weeks now. They are especially quick if you are already on the system. I have not even been sent mine yet as my application is still being processed to unconditional and my start date for the course is September. Don't think the PVG will be relevant until you start placement. Do you know how many weeks we will be in Uni until our first placement.

Placement begins Monday, Nov. 25th. Plenty of time yet.
Reply 56
My unconditional came through in the post today, yay! At long last lol
I am still waiting for myn to come through
Reply 58
I only handed in my reference for the third time on Thurdsday.
Original post by Deone247
My unconditional came through in the post today, yay! At long last lol

Was your UCAS updated? I was told I'd get my unconditional last week, but nothing happened so wondering if they update on UCAS or just send letters in the post.

Quick Reply

Latest