The Student Room Group

MSc adult nursing UWS 2013

Scroll to see replies

I had a letter from the uni stating that I am now unconditional wooo
Also Uncas is shut for a few weeks due to people getting exam results
Reply 62
I don't think it's constantly shut just down just down for a few hours at a time over the next couple of weeks.
Reply 63
Hi, I've had an unconditional offer for nursing at paisley campus. Does anyone know when we get timetables or reading lists? I saw that someone put on here that placement starts on 25th Nov- how do you know this? Thought I would have had more literature from the uni by now.
Original post by Libby75
I saw that someone put on here that placement starts on 25th Nov- how do you know this? Thought I would have had more literature from the uni by now.

I asked the programme convener for the MSc in Adult Nursing when we'd begin our placements as I wanted to make sure I'd have my PVG in plenty of time and that is the date that she stated to me.
Reply 65
Ahh I see. That's good to have that information. Thanks. Can't wait to get started!
Reply 66
I can't look forward to it properly while I'm still showing as conditional.
Original post by shonaT
I can't look forward to it properly while I'm still showing as conditional.

You're not alone! I'm the same! I was told that I'd get my unconditional two weeks ago. Still waiting...
Reply 68
I was told a week past on Monday that my reference had been rejected. I delivered a new one a week ago today. Scared this will be rejected too. Feel like time is running out.
Hi everyone,

Ive hard nothing all summer and it still says conditional on my UCAS, so might phone to check all is well with my references etc. After reading this thread, Im getting concerned there ma be a problem that Im not yet aware of. I hope everything is smooth from now on for you all.

Chrissy
Original post by Chattyhands
Hi everyone,

Ive hard nothing all summer and it still says conditional on my UCAS, so might phone to check all is well with my references etc. After reading this thread, Im getting concerned there ma be a problem that Im not yet aware of. I hope everything is smooth from now on for you all.

Chrissy

Definitely call, Chrissy. I phoned earlier today to chase them up again and was told the delay was due to not having my transcript which btw I gave them three copies of back in March/April at various points in the interview/testing process. Anyway, I was told to check back in 72 hours as the issue had been resolved (!!). I should note that I was never told that my transcript was in question at any point in time or that there would be any delays so you can imagine my surprise earlier. Definitely chase up and inform yourself.

At this point SAAS seem to be more on the ball with processing things for my course than the actual uni.
Reply 71
I've just called to follow up on the stuff I handed in last week. I've finally been updated to unconditional at their end so just waiting for it to change on UCAS. Can relax a little now.
Hi all, That's me all updated on UCAS , and have received an unconditional offer through the post so I can breath easy finally. Has anyone had any word about occ health or anything like that? In case anyone hasn't seen it I thought I'd post a link to the induction timetable so we can see what the first week is going to be like. Its all getting a bit real now!! http://www.uws.ac.uk/current-students/induction-and-enrolment/induction-timetables/
Reply 73
First week looks OK doesn't it. Ease us in gently. :smile:
Reply 74
Is the occupational health not on the timetable? :-)
Reply 75
I went for my occupational check a few weeks ago so I'm sure you'll hear from them soon!
Reply 76
Original post by Lyns87
I went for my occupational check a few weeks ago so I'm sure you'll hear from them soon!

How long ago did you get your unconditional?
Reply 77
Hi Shona,

I got my unconditional in April. They send you out forms to complete and send back, then not long after they send you out an appointment letter.
Reply 78
I only got my unconditional on Saturday. That will be why I've not heard anything yet. How thorough is the medical?
Reply 79
I thought maybe we would get occupational health check in our induction week. There's a slot marked on the timetable for occupational health so maybe those of us who are getting our unconditionals nearer to the start date will just get it then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending