Reply 1
i failed
Reply 2
I scraped an A. 80.
Dan_Crew
How did you do
Because most people i know failed

I a managed to scrape a C

I got an A in my Foundation module. But i do know some who failed.
I just scraped a C which I was not impressed with.
I know someone in my college who got 90/90. I want to kill him.
Reply 5
TwistedVidual
I just scraped a C which I was not impressed with.
I know someone in my college who got 90/90. I want to kill him.

Funny that, 3 people in our class got 90/90.
Reply 6
My mate who got a D overall last summer managed almost 100% overall...i think he got something like 298/300!!!!! Edexcel btw.

That's amazing!!!!:redface:

G
Reply 7
some friends i know did really bad on chemistry & bio this year...don't really know why though...
that scared me so i might not choose it for next year
Reply 8
gzftan
My mate who got a D overall last summer managed almost 100% overall...i think he got something like 298/300!!!!! Edexcel btw.

That's amazing!!!!:redface:

G

i got 300/300. btw 298 is an E overall, not a D.
Reply 9
boygenious
i got 300/300. btw 298 is an E overall, not a D.

I meant in AS biology...not the overall A2. Well done btw.

G
Funny that, 3 people in our class got 90/90.

Someone in my year got 90/90 and then the teacher went round and even asked her if she wanted to retake - she hasn't even looked at our results even though we got them a week ago and she's the head of biology A level. Also she is a CRAP teacher. What a dick. LOl.
Reply 11
I got an A. 80/90 is hardly scraping an A! Well...maybe it is for other exam boards, but for AQA which is what I did, 72/90 was the border for an A. I got 77, which I was quite proud with seeing as I thought the exam was the most stupid one I have EVER seen, it was so vague, it really didn't cover in detail any of the main foundation topics! But I'm not complaining, I got an A which is more than I thought.
Reply 12
Dan_Crew
How did you do
Because most people i know failed

I a managed to scrape a C

hiya i did AQA A and i failed (2 off a pass) but only 8 people in our year passed (40 do biology)
Dill
I got an A. 80/90 is hardly scraping an A! Well...maybe it is for other exam boards, but for AQA which is what I did, 72/90 was the border for an A. I got 77, which I was quite proud with seeing as I thought the exam was the most stupid one I have EVER seen, it was so vague, it really didn't cover in detail any of the main foundation topics! But I'm not complaining, I got an A which is more than I thought.

I got exactly the same as you (77) but i did OCR :smile: . Well done coz i didn't expect an A either and we both got them. Go us! :biggrin:
Reply 14
Dill

I did edexcel so i got 80/100, just an A. I wish it was out of 90 but i am still happy with my border line A :smile:
Reply 15
priz54
hiya i did AQA A and i failed (2 off a pass) but only 8 people in our year passed (40 do biology)

Only 10 people out of 60 passed on our course (AS - foundation). Sometimes I think it's the teachers... oh well, I'm happy with my grade.
Reply 16
SiAnY
I got exactly the same as you (77) but i did OCR :smile: . Well done coz i didn't expect an A either and we both got them. Go us! :biggrin:

wowowowww i have NO IDEA why i typed i did AQA, i was obviously thinking of maths! i did OCR too!!!! and got 77!! wowowow :biggrin: we rule, lol. except the first q on labelling parts of that leaf which should have been easy i kinda messed up, so i dont really rule. i took a mock biology test on transport today, heh..it was SO hard i missed out loads, i did absolutely no revision though, so im not bothered. whats the point of revising unless its for something that actually counts? hehee...
Dill
wowowowww i have NO IDEA why i typed i did AQA, i was obviously thinking of maths! i did OCR too!!!! and got 77!! wowowow :biggrin: we rule, lol. except the first q on labelling parts of that leaf which should have been easy i kinda messed up, so i dont really rule. i took a mock biology test on transport today, heh..it was SO hard i missed out loads, i did absolutely no revision though, so im not bothered. whats the point of revising unless its for something that actually counts? hehee...

Cool :smile: . Have you started the health and disease module yet? We've only had 1 lesson on it so far (well my class has, i was "ill" lol). We're soo behind and we haven't finished transport yet. I don't understand any of the plants stuff. My teacher's are well shit, they've decided to make us learn half of the health and disease module on our own coz we haven't got enough time left coz we spent too long on coursework. stupid b****es! lol. x
Reply 18
i did AQA B, for biology, module one in January and boy was it tough, i really expected a C, but somehow i got an A with 86/90, so i'm guessing it was scaled up a hell of alot. the reason why alot of people did badly on the AQA syllabus if because they changed the style of the paper, in previous years it wasnt as analytical, and this years they changed it completly so all the exam technique that people had built up by doing past papers went down the loo
Reply 19
You should never expect the exam to remain stationary, it will evolve over time.

Latest

Trending

Trending