The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick PPE or Reapply?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SaraWarah
Where's your source? I've never seen Warwick ranked top 10 worldwide. I don't think I've seen it in the top 20, either. Normally it floats around 50-150.

I can easily name 15 universities off the top of my head whose reputations are in a different league to Warwick's:

Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, Yale, UC Berkeley, LSE, Imperial, Chicago, Caltech, Zurich, Ecole Polytechnique, HKU, Tokyo etc.

Obviously Warwick is a great university with a growing reputation, but there are way too many people getting overly hyped about it.

Their current world rankings: #151-200 (ARWU), #58 (QS), #124 (THE).

National rankings: #6-10

In the UK, yes, I agree that Warwick is roughly on par with UCL in a lot of courses.

In terms of worldwide recognition, however, not really. The three London unis (UCL, LSE, Imperial) and Oxbridge blow all other UK universities out of the water in terms of international recognition.

Oh gosh your post is sad. I was speaking about QS EMPLOYER'S RANKING and I clearly stated this in my post (which is how employers rank the universities) in which Warwick is usually in the top 10. Yes on the overall ranking on QS it is usually 50th but that's not what I was referring to, so read my post carefully before you start replying to it. UCL is not that well known outside of the UK and so is barely Imperial. Warwick is as well known as UCL in Asia and Europe but not North America. It annoys be when people like you think they know something when they are so far off it's ridiculous. And I just positive repped you by accident as well.

UCL was fourth in Times overall ranking but everyone knows they aren't the fourth best. Same principle.

My source? Okay: (I wouldn't make something up you know!) Can you see? Warwick ranked SEVENTH. Simple maths will tell you that it's in top ten. Now stop giving misleading advice, and also, stop stalking me.
Edit: click in the picture twice for a larger version.

warwick pic.png
(edited 11 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
Original post by Giveme45
I am not trying to say in anyway that spending a year off before going to college is a bad decision or waste of time. I am just saying that, waiting one year JUST TO BE ABLE TO REAPPLY for Oxbridge, is a waste of time. Of course, spending a year off to get experience and working is a great idea. But if the main reason behind the break is to reapply and hope to get accepteed this time, then you should rather go study at an almost equal (educational wise) university such as Warwick.

Whilst I didn't take a year to solely reapply to Cambridge, I think it's a bit rich to judge other people for doing so. It's their life: if they want to, they should without judgement. For some people, it's not a 'waste of time' to reapply somewhere, just to make sure that it's absolutely the place/not the place for them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by T_x
Whilst I didn't take a year to solely reapply to Cambridge, I think it's a bit rich to judge other people for doing so. It's their life: if they want to, they should without judgement. For some people, it's not a 'waste of time' to reapply somewhere, just to make sure that it's absolutely the place/not the place for them.

I am not judging in any way, I was merely just giving my opinion. Apologies for misunderstanding.

Quick Reply

Latest