The Student Room Group

small tattoo ideas?

So the title kindof says it all - thinking about getting a small tattoo, something decent and feminine. Any ideas? And where to get it?

Some additional info, i'm indian, but my skin tone is fairly light-ish brown. Also, i'll need it to be small enough (or in a not visible place) to hide from my parents when i visit them, as they're quite strict and would NOT approve!
Reply 1
A small one on your ankle? :smile:
Reply 2
Choose something personal to you as it's your skin that it'll be permanently on. As for discreetness, maybe your wrist or ankle.
Don't bow to pressure and get any old tribal tattoo.
Get something personal yet intriguing,something people will ask what it means.
Original post by Orange_123
So the title kindof says it all - thinking about getting a small tattoo, something decent and feminine. Any ideas? And where to get it?

Some additional info, i'm indian, but my skin tone is fairly light-ish brown. Also, i'll need it to be small enough (or in a not visible place) to hide from my parents when i visit them, as they're quite strict and would NOT approve!

Only you can really choos what to get. As for placement maybe hip? Ankle? Shoulder blade? All quite easy to hide with clothes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
not out of the suit line. so you know what areas of yourself you are likely to show and what you are not. I would suggest the back as an easy area to hide, but if you are a fan of strappy or crop tops this is a bad plan.

Just make it something you love, and probably give it six months after you've chosen to make sure you will keep on loving it.

do you automatically think of black ink only or coloured? butterflies, words that mean something etc tend to be the most typical, is that what you want? or something more personal?

I would suggest scrolling through deviant art for ideas. some of the work there is truly amazing.
Reply 6
Hello,
You can make it on left forearm it's in fashion. and draw your name or anything but down side of forearm...:colone:
Reply 7
Bear in mind that your skin tone will have an effect on the colour of the finished tattoo. Think of it like painting with watercolour paints on different coloured paper - on someone with really pale skin, colours will appear quite bright; on someone with darker skin, they'll be more muted (you can't really tattoo a lighter colour on, as it goes underneath the surface of your skin. There are white tattoo inks, but they don't tend to last all that well)

So, my suggestion would be something fairly simple and bold, so it'll look good rather than being an indistinct blob. It can be bold and still be feminine - something with curves to it, maybe. And I know you want something small, but I'd suggest not going too small as tiny tattoos never look like anything much.
Reply 8
People that ask other people for tattoo ideas simply because 'MUST HAVE TATTOO', and people that go and get ****ty generic designs, are just the worst.

Get your face covered in tribal nonsense and Japanese poetry. Maybe get a rose on your nose too.

It'll suit your personality.
When you have a better idea of what you want, because YOU want it and it has a meaning to YOU... Come back here. I'm a tattoo designer. Come on, what do you love? Are you spiritual? Do you like art in general? Got any reference of things you like? x
Don't get it for the sake of getting a Tattoo. Its gonna be on your body forever so you gotta have an idea of what you actually want and it means something to you.

Quick Reply

Latest