The Student Room Group

Job interview -kids entertainer

I'm female, 16 and shy
Okay, so today i gave out my cv to quite a few places looking for part time/weekend work in cafes, shops, and a few caravan parks etc.
A couple of hours ago i got a call from one of the caravan parks to have an interview for a job as a kids entertainer.
This wasn't exactly a job i was hoping for but i don't have any experience so i'm not expecting loads of replies.

The thing is i'm quiet, shy and not very confident so entertaining children is quite out of my comfort zone, although when applying for jobs i do want to become more outgoing and confident but i'm not sure if this is just too much?

I have an interview tomorrow, so at the moment i don't know exactly what i'll be doing, the hours or the pay etc. If i get told that i would be just looking after children and playing etc i don't think i would mind it, but if i have to dress up and muck about that's what i'm afraid of. If it is messing around do you think i should take it and hope it will give me more confidence and i may end up enjoying it or should i decline as it is way too out of my comfort zone?

Also what questions should i ask on the interview? I'm so scared this is my first ever job interview!
Reply 1
????????????
Reply 2
I'm near enough in the same position as you, I'm quite shy and not very confident when around people I don't know :/ sorry this doesn't really help at all :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
im in two minds whether to take it or not :frown: i need money and to build my confidence but im scared this might be too challenging
Reply 4
Someone help me please :frown: I'm so stuck :/ I may really enjoy it but then I may hate it..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by amberox
I'm female, 16 and shy
Okay, so today i gave out my cv to quite a few places looking for part time/weekend work in cafes, shops, and a few caravan parks etc.
A couple of hours ago i got a call from one of the caravan parks to have an interview for a job as a kids entertainer.
This wasn't exactly a job i was hoping for but i don't have any experience so i'm not expecting loads of replies.

The thing is i'm quiet, shy and not very confident so entertaining children is quite out of my comfort zone, although when applying for jobs i do want to become more outgoing and confident but i'm not sure if this is just too much?

I have an interview tomorrow, so at the moment i don't know exactly what i'll be doing, the hours or the pay etc. If i get told that i would be just looking after children and playing etc i don't think i would mind it, but if i have to dress up and muck about that's what i'm afraid of. If it is messing around do you think i should take it and hope it will give me more confidence and i may end up enjoying it or should i decline as it is way too out of my comfort zone?

Also what questions should i ask on the interview? I'm so scared this is my first ever job interview!

I'm not sure about the interview, but if you get the job and want some tips on what to do, just type in:

'how to excite 12 year old girls' on google. Classic Sheldon :biggrin:.
(edited 11 years ago)
you just be careful son.
Reply 7
Try to overcome the barrier which is not allowing you to be confident :wink: I know it's hard sometimes but you cannot be for the rest of your life quiet and shy :smile: I'm similar like you, very quiet and very very shy, which annoys me as I cannot enjoy my life in full speed and people sometimes think that I have issues. I clearly don't have any issues, it's just all my life I've been in my own company and got used to it.

On the interview, make sure you stay confident, maintain a constant eye contact, don't wave with your hands or look down :wink: Just relax, they won't eat you :wink: I had my first interview with hospital but went there confident and relaxed, it went well even though I didn't get the job, but at least I was confident and didn't messed up :smile: Don't worry, everything will be alright :smile:

You could ask what the interviewer what would you be doing if they won't mention that before they allow you to ask the questions. Or who you'll be working with; what's the biggest challenge that I'll face in this job or something similar. There's actually a great thread somewhere in employment section where you'll find great tips and even questions with answers :wink: Oh, this one that I was talking about: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=855623

It really helped me to be prepared for my job interview.
Reply 8
Original post by ForgetMe
Try to overcome the barrier which is not allowing you to be confident :wink: I know it's hard sometimes but you cannot be for the rest of your life quiet and shy :smile: I'm similar like you, very quiet and very very shy, which annoys me as I cannot enjoy my life in full speed and people sometimes think that I have issues. I clearly don't have any issues, it's just all my life I've been in my own company and got used to it.

On the interview, make sure you stay confident, maintain a constant eye contact, don't wave with your hands or look down :wink: Just relax, they won't eat you :wink: I had my first interview with hospital but went there confident and relaxed, it went well even though I didn't get the job, but at least I was confident and didn't messed up :smile: Don't worry, everything will be alright :smile:

You could ask what the interviewer what would you be doing if they won't mention that before they allow you to ask the questions. Or who you'll be working with; what's the biggest challenge that I'll face in this job or something similar. There's actually a great thread somewhere in employment section where you'll find great tips and even questions with answers :wink: Oh, this one that I was talking about: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=855623

It really helped me to be prepared for my job interview.

Thanks! this was good advice, but i had already had the interview before i read it. Anyway, I got the job! My first ever job and I start on Bank holiday Monday! ahh! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by amberox
Thanks! this was good advice, but i had already had the interview before i read it. Anyway, I got the job! My first ever job and I start on Bank holiday Monday! ahh! :biggrin:

Oh Congratulations! Well done :wink: So how it was? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending