The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Conditional Offer from University of Manchester

I received a conditional offer from University of Manchester to study management and leisure starting next year. I am an international student from the US and was told in order to qualify for my place, I need to score 4 or higher on my 2 AP tests and have at least a 3.0 GPA. Both of my tests are the lowest scoring AP tests (Environmental Science and English Lit). Does anyone know if UoM is lenient on AP scores in general, based on the course, and/or considering I'm international? I have a 3.25/3.3 GPA at the moment, but I don't know if that's taken into consideration. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!
It's always very difficult to tell how they will react to people who miss there offers, especially when they are non-international. However, as you will be paying higher fees, and there is no government cap on international students, it does make you more attractive as a student. That said, an AP 4 is only reckoned to be equivalent to an A Level grade B, and there are only a very few courses for which Manchester will normally accept a C grade. In addition, only having 2 AP tests isn't a lot (unless you already have some that you haven't mentioned), so you really ought to be able to channel your efforts into getting the grades.

Essentially, they're under no obligation to let you in if you don't get the grades, so you'd be relying on their goodwill and nothing more. Your best bet is to work incredibly hard and get the grades.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Ok thank you! I've been studying for months so hopefully it'll pay off! I already have scores from last year that I assumed they took into consideration.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending