The Student Room Group

How much would you spend on clothes (students only)

Poll

How much would you spend

Quick Poll as part of market research.

If your between the ages of 17-23 and or in Full-time education, how much would you allow yourself to spend on a top/jumper/t-shirt.
A single item of clothing that you would perhaps see the one time you went shopping. Something you'd most likely wear once a fortnight at the very least. Making your decision more towards how much you could afford rather than what you would limit yourself just out of principle.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by architect_2022

If your between the ages of 17-23 and or in Full-time education, how much would you allow yourself to spend on T-shirts, tops etc.

You need to give a time scale
what.. a day? a week? a month?
This needs a lot more information, such as: A time scale as already mentioned, a more specific set of options since you specify "etc" so whereas I'd spend up to £100 on a coat I'm a lot more frugal with t-shirts and finally whether you want this question interpreted as an average, maximum etc.
Coats/jackets i spend around £50-70 as i use it for a really long time (months, even a year) t shirts etc i tend to buy plain looking clothes £3-12 shoes roughly £40

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

If your between the ages of 17-23 and or in Full-time education, how much would you allow yourself to spend on T-shirts, tops etc.

T-Shirts - tenner. Jackets and coats - maximum £50. Jeans - maximum £20. Knitwear - maximum £20. (I only buy things on sale, mostly on the Internet too)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Jeans: minimum £20 max £70-80
Shirts are bought from m&s normally for £30 likewise for jumpers if nit less
Shoes, no set price because it really depends on the quality and why I'm buying the pair

Posted from TSR Mobile
If the question means "how much would you spend on one item of clothing?" then that really depends on the item of clothing. I would spend more on jackets/coats, jeans and suits than on tops, t-shirts and going-out dresses which I have lots of and will probably wear infrequently. I have spent £200 on a coat in the past and don't regret that decision, although I probably wouldn't do it again. In general, I would happily spend in the region of £100 for a good winter coat. I'd also spend £50+ on good quality jeans because I wear them every day. The same applies to a suit - probable £100+ in total, given that I feel as though I wear them every day (2nd year law student - lots of networking events!). Shoes are a bit more random - I would consider spending in the region of £100 for a pair of shoes that I wear every day, need to be comfortable and durable. At the same time, I have shoes that cost less than a tenner.

If the question means how much would you spend per month on clothes - probably no more than £20 at the moment. I don't buy clothes that regularly and have a negative bank balance. The figures above are hypothetical!

On a single item of clothing that you would perhaps see the one time you went shopping. Nothing too extravagant but something you'd most likely wear once a weak at the very least. Making your decision more towards how much you could afford rather than what you would limit yourself just out of principle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending