The Student Room Group

DT Resistant Materials Coursework

Hey all, the deadline for my resistant materials coursework is really close and i was wondering if anyone had any tips or resources to help out with the paperwork, the rest is alright for me but I'm having troubles organising myself with the entire write up on PowerPoint. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Organising on powerpoint? If you're doing what I think then wouldn't it be better to use excel, something like a Gantt chart.
Original post by CodeJack
Organising on powerpoint? If you're doing what I think then wouldn't it be better to use excel, something like a Gantt chart.

Well I just mean the whole coursework is on powerpoint, rather than having a folder with 20 A3 sheets then we're doing it on a powerpoint, but i think mostly everyone does that now anyway. But i was just looking for some tips on what to actually write for any of the parts of it.
BUMP
Reply 4
http://www.mr-dt.com/designing/pdcourseworkdocs.htm
It's for gcse but it helps a bit you just need to write lods and lods more

look at the exam boards website on their specification it should have what you should include.
Reply 5
For my as I did it in power point too, everyone on the course did.
you should have product specification or a brief, some sorts of market research and product analysis and design sketch and development, final design sketch and drawing, your manufacturing and manufacturing plan with analysis of design and conclusion :smile: from what I can remember
Original post by Sunatthida
http://www.mr-dt.com/designing/pdcourseworkdocs.htm
It's for gcse but it helps a bit you just need to write lods and lods more

look at the exam boards website on their specification it should have what you should include.

For my as I did it in power point too, everyone on the course did.
you should have product specification or a brief, some sorts of market research and product analysis and design sketch and development, final design sketch and drawing, your manufacturing and manufacturing plan with analysis of design and conclusion :smile: from what I can remember

I am actually doing GCSE, i guess i should have said that. And wow thank you so much!!! That's really helpful, especially the websites! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :smile:
Reply 7
Oh right, ah well at least it helped :smile:
Oh right, ah well at least it helped :smile:

Yeah it did, thank you so much for your help :smile:
Got an A. 80/90 :frown: I need like full marks in the exam to get an A*
Original post by Celestial_Blade
Got an A. 80/90 :frown: I need like full marks in the exam to get an A*

80/90 is awesome! I actually did way better than i expected for not knowing anything about it a week before the deadline. And best tip for the exam is basically plan out your section A, because you can predict exactly what will come up and exactly what you can put, and then the rest is just a matter of learning some content like different adhesives, materials and their uses, and some other kind of techniques. I did my exam last year and got an A* so if you need any help with anything feel free to ask me :smile: btw full marks in the exam is possible but i don't think you'd need such a high mark to bring it all to an A* but try your best anyway :smile:
Original post by Prof Dumbledore
80/90 is awesome! I actually did way better than i expected for not knowing anything about it a week before the deadline. And best tip for the exam is basically plan out your section A, because you can predict exactly what will come up and exactly what you can put, and then the rest is just a matter of learning some content like different adhesives, materials and their uses, and some other kind of techniques. I did my exam last year and got an A* so if you need any help with anything feel free to ask me :smile: btw full marks in the exam is possible but i don't think you'd need such a high mark to bring it all to an A* but try your best anyway :smile:

Thanks bro :smile:
Original post by Celestial_Blade
Thanks bro :smile:

Welcome mate, good luck in the exam! :smile:
Reply 13
How do you all know what you got in the coursework? I haven't been told.
Original post by Strokgh
How do you all know what you got in the coursework? I haven't been told.

Your teacher should have told you the marks they sent to the exam board on the deadline, but if they don't want to tell you they don't have to, because the marks can change after moderation so some tend not to tell their students till it comes back from moderation, and then you'd get your results in August.
Is it possible to get your coursework remarked if you think that your Teacher marked it harshly
Original post by KingChowdhury
Is it possible to get your coursework remarked if you think that your Teacher marked it harshly

I think so, but that would have to be after the moderation anyway, so you would have to organise it with your school after you get the actual result in August. But if you think they did then it may go up after moderation for the exam board.
Thanks
Please can someone send me a pic or write to help me with my GCSE mood lamp analysis
Original post by Prof Dumbledore

I always find that i dont do as well as i expect on the papers. I find i drop silly marks and struggle to get A* although thats what i am predicted, wondered if you had any tips of help for me on what to revise and alos how to revise it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending