The Student Room Group

I don't know how to get over my ex

Classic scenario, so I'll keep this brief.

We were together for two years and broke up at the start of the year. It was mutual, we'd had problems for the last few months.

We started talking again a few weeks ago(I initiated it), and now I don't know how to stop talking to her. She said she just wants to cut me out and move on. I understand that but it still hurts. But I don't know how to. I can't get her out of my head. I feel down all the time because of it. She can go out with her friends or bury herself in uni work but I have nothing to occupy my mind. And I can't talk to anyone about it(like she can) so it just feels like it's building up inside me. I don't know what to do.
well at first it can be painful to get over someone, some how she has managed and it's obvious she doesn't want anything to do with you. But don't take it to heart, she is a female after all. And men will never understand women! :colone:
To get over her you need to occupy yourself with other things, don't ignore her whenever you see her, smile and let her know you can be friends. Go and free your mind, not get drunk and attempt to pick up another girl to drown your sorrows over. There is someone you can talk to, you guys just don't see it and honestly you need to open up more! :redface:
Time is a healer big man. Just get into other stuff, doesnt sound like shes going to come back any time soon. And she might just **** you around
Reply 3
She hasn't been nasty these last few weeks. She has been understanding(most of the time), but it's just hard and it seems much easier for her. It sometimes felt like I loved her more than she loved me and things like this make it seem even more true...
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
She hasn't been nasty these last few weeks. She has been understanding(most of the time), but it's just hard and it seems much easier for her. It sometimes felt like I loved her more than she loved me and things like this make it seem even more true...

You need to cut off contact with her sooner rather than later or you will not get over her.
Cut off contact and just busy yourself with other stuff :tongue:imp:
Reply 6
I had this, U just need to cut her off and keep busy doing other things so u can't think of her, go out with mates, just to take your mind off it. It may take 3 months, but it would be worth it.
Reply 7
The worst thing is the fact it doesn't feel like I have anybody to talk to, so all these emotions are just building up inside me and making things worse.
Reply 8
I had this problem with my first ex. I started seeing her when I was 13, on and off for about 4 years, I really loved her, probably more than she loved me. She knew I would do anything for her so she kind of messed me about a bit. She finished with me for good in 2009 and started seeing one of my mates who I played rugby with. I was desperate not to let her see how hurt I was, so I deleted her number, her Facebook and got rid of every picture or memory I had of her. To be honest, all I wanted to do was make myself better so she would come running back. Anyway I went on with my life, started in the gym and started to dress in more designer clothes, then a couple of years ago when she split up with her boyfriend she came up and spoke to me one night saying how much she missed me. I've had a couple of one nighters since, but I've changed so much that I don't even let her affect me any more, I still care for her.. but she will never know.

Basically, cut her out of your life, try and get into other things to take your mind off her a bit, and before you know it you'll be over the worst bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending