The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

City South Campus Questions

Hi

I recently accepted an offer to study diagnostic radiography at bcu.

I have heard many time that the City South Accommodation is awful.

There is the opal accommodation but that seems a bit far away and not really for health students so I wouldn't go there.

Anyway just wondering which are the best Calthrope/Oakmount/Westmounts and why?

Also are there any positive things to say about the social side of City South Campus like good sports, societies ect as I have only heard bad thing about them as well

Thanks
Reply 1
Hi! I'm currently staying in Oakmount, It has the biggest room compare to Calthrope and Westmount, Calthrope have 8 floors and can be quite noisy not sure about the rooms situation; Oakmount have 6-7 rooms in one flat. Westmount have at least 10-11 rooms in one flat and the rooms are half the size of Oakmount's. The only disavantange of living in Oakmount is that there's no laundry room in there, have to go the Calthrope's one, which is only next door. There's a lounge in City south and have pub quiz every Wednesday, people are quite friendly here, Biggest Morrisons and Tesco are just 5 minutes walk from the campus, and Board streets and fiveways with pubs, gatecrashers and cinemas are just another 10 minutes walk.
Hope that helps you :smile:
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks that was very helpful :smile:
Reply 3
Sorry some more questions if you wouldn't mind answering them.
Are there ant sports at city south?
What is the boy/girl percentage living there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending