The Student Room Group

AQA GEO4B: Christchurch Earthquake and natural disasters

Last Friday the AIB, advanced information booklet, came out. And thankfully it was on something most of us know about; earthquakes and other natural disasters.

Yet there is LOADS of data on there and it is quite overwhelming.

What do you make of it? :question::question:
Reply 1
I think its quite nice apart from all the graphs... not sure what to do with them D:
Reply 2
Hi guys! I'm teaching myself the whole A Level in a year (AS down, just A2 to go! Woo!). I'm registered at my old school, but they haven't sent me the prerelease... Could any of you by any chance possibly maybe :biggrin: scan it and send me it as a PDF? I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER.
Reply 3
Original post by wild_eyes
Hi guys! I'm teaching myself the whole A Level in a year (AS down, just A2 to go! Woo!). I'm registered at my old school, but they haven't sent me the prerelease... Could any of you by any chance possibly maybe :biggrin: scan it and send me it as a PDF? I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER.

I'm able to send you a PDF file if you still need it?
Reply 4
Original post by bpdandan
I'm able to send you a PDF file if you still need it?

It's ok, someone already sent me it. Thanks so much though :biggrin:
Reply 5
How do we revise for this exam?
Reply 6
Original post by t1gger123
How do we revise for this exam?

Know the booklet and suggested websites well, but more importantly the surrounding issues i.e. have natural disasters increased, why the Christchurch Earthquake caused so much damage. Use further research to complement this i.e. some believe natural disasters have not risen, just become more noticed with technological advancements.

Know how to answer the questions they give i.e. they often want evaluation of issues - a judgement and for/against. They like doing big 10 mark questions etc. rather than short answer questions. The only short answer question could be one on how to improve figure 2 - prob. through a bar graph.

Otherwise not too much focus should be put on 'revising' as such.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending