The Student Room Group

Newcastle Sixth Form College...or my school's sixthform?

Hi, I can't decide whether to leave my school and go to Newcastle College Sixth form or not. I don't like the head teachers there, and the religion is thrown at you from a mile, but the subject teachers are good, and it's closer to home, as well as the fact that I get good grades here, Bs/As/A*s. Newcastle on the other hand, seems more "free" if you know what I mean, and I'll get to meet new people, it'll help me be more independant for uni, and wear what I like! Hate uniform.. On the other hand, I'm worried my class' will be noisey, I'll be behind due to teaching and/or the fact that I may not revise as much as I should during normal school time, and what if I start to go down in grades, as I want to do the best I can to get into amazing universities.:s-smilie: I want the best for myself, but I feel torn between the two, as I think I'd probably get better grades at the school's sixthform, but probably happier at college, where I can be myself. URGHH!!! SO, basically after this rant, I'm asking if anyone here goes to Newcastle College, is doing any of the ones I want, and what the teaching's like, and how great the grades are. I probably wouldn't want to go to Oxford or anything, but I don't want to go to a college if it'll jeprodise my grades, so that I could only go to certain unis. Anyway, god I write a lot.. THANK YOU:biggrin:
Go to Newcastle College. Trust me, it's better than staying at sixth form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending