The Student Room Group

Which Art College?

I've got offers to do BA Fine Art at Central St Martins, Chelsea, and painting BA course at Camberwell and Wimbledon. Still waiting to hear from Brighton. But I'd really like to go to London.

I was deciding between Central St Martins, Chelsea and Camberwell and have more recently been thinking about going to Chelsea. But after talking to a few people they said Camberwell has a much better student community. And its a straight painting course, and I love big expressionist painting and don't think very conceptually But i prefer the buildings of Chelsea and St Martins and are more selective with their students so maybe I should go.

If anyone has been to any of these Art colleges I would love some advice, very stuck at the moment! Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
i am going to do Fine Art in CSM :smile: I have a friend went to Chelsea and dropped out and went back to Camberwell (where she did her foundation) but theyre all good colleges!

Just go with your gut instinct. Have you researched the courses in depth? I don't know about the other colleges but CSM is suited to me because of the 'pathways' they offer like 2D, 3D or XD which can be much more open than some colleges which focus on disciplines like paintings instead of a broad Fine Art context..

good luck!! :smile: x
Reply 2
a reply! haha ah are you. Do you have any idea why your friend didn't like Chelsea? I know it's so hard i've had so many people say good and bad things about all of them, it's important to chose the right one but I will have to decide for myself eventually! Yeah i've looked and compared the course structures. so many decisions!
Do you know where you're going to live in September?
Thanks!x
Reply 3
Where did you end up studying? 😊

Quick Reply

Latest