The Student Room Group

Requirements to be a police detective?

Just wondering what GCSE's, A-Levels or any other requirements that there are to become a police detective. Thanks. :biggrin:
I don't think there are any official academic requirements to be in the police, but at the moment you normally need to join as a police constable, and apply for a detective post after two years. Of course you can apply for graduate programmes if you have a 2:1 in a degree, but I'm not sure whether that puts you ahead of anyone who doesn't have a degree. This all obviously applies to the UK police force, and I know the most about the entry requirements for the Met, back when I thought I'd make a good policeman.

Obviously GCSEs or A Levels such as Sociology and Psychology may help, but anything would in the police force, the majority of it seems to be using your wit.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
:holmes: .
Reply 3
Original post by daemonium
Just wondering what GCSE's, A-Levels or any other requirements that there are to become a police detective. Thanks. :biggrin:

Must have the ability to survive run-ins with the pikemen and have an assistant who does the work for you. I think that , and a posh house with a butler will suffice

Quick Reply

Latest