Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I used to take part cash part travellers cheques
Reply 21
Original post by Antni
I used to take part cash part travellers cheques

Thank You :biggrin:
Reply 22
Yeah I took most cash and put £200 on card just incase. Put all passports and spare money in safe and if your safe has a key, hide the key in the airvent/walls/off fan as you don't wanna take it out an loose it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by seana39223
Hi, how would you recommend I take my money should I just bring cash or traveler checks? Thanks. :biggrin:

cash
Reply 24
I had a good holiday in Playa D'en Bossa a few years back, but last year I went to San Antonio, both my friend and I were beaten and robbed on the first night. Hotel staff and authorities didn't care so we went back home. Avoid San Antonio like the plague.
Reply 25
The 5 times i been Ibiza i've always stayed in San Antonio and never seen any trouble.
Reply 26
San Antonio is okay if you are confident and been before but scary if not. Playa den bossa however is still full of young people, but less stags and hens and charvs. Most early twentys in playa den bossa and teen first holiday in San an

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Not long until I go now. Any final tips? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
dont buy drugs from the Spanish haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by Alice.181
dont buy drugs from the Spanish haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will only buy them from the English then :wink: haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Hello what date in july are you going, where are you staying etc?:smile: how much money you taking? and are you taking card/travellers cheque/cash etc? sorry about all the questions just I'm going on the 10th of july and very curious, bit unprepared for my holiday and its in just over 18 days:confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by smileycaz
Hello what date in july are you going, where are you staying etc?:smile: how much money you taking? and are you taking card/travellers cheque/cash etc? sorry about all the questions just I'm going on the 10th of july and very curious, bit unprepared for my holiday and its in just over 18 days:confused:

Sorry about the slow reply. Im going on the 3rd July for a week and am staying in Hotel Arenal in San Antonio Bay for a werk. I am going half board and I am bringing 800E on a prepaid card and 100E in cash. Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Ooo okay thanks alot! Whats the prepaid card like your bank card or a card you get to useover there from travel agents or whatever? Oo i dont know if ill end up having enough money :confused: and sorry again for the questions but like what sort of thigs are you planning as in all big nights out, only one or two big nighta and small bars for the rest or..? And doing anything in the daytime? Im just trying to plan my money and how to budget it and if ill have enough x
Reply 33
Ooo okay thanks alot! Whats the prepaid card like your bank card or a card you get to useover there from travel agents or whatever? Oo i dont know if ill end up having enough money :confused: and sorry again for the questions but like what sort of thigs are you planning as in all big nights out, only one or two big nighta and small bars for the rest or..? And doing anything in the daytime? Im just trying to plan my money and how to budget it and if ill have enough x

Hey the prepaid card Ive got is from a travelagents its called the Cash Passport I got it from Thomas Cook but lota of different travel agents offer either the same card or alternatives. There are some catches like its a 2E charge to withdraw from a cashpoint, but thats nothing compared to how much travelers checks would cost.

Were planning about 50 50 big nights out/small nights. Weve booked tickets to see Example at Ibiza Rocks and for We Love Space (Sunday at Space club). We also plan om going too Le Priveledge and Eden.

Dont worry about asking questions, I hope this was helpful :biggrin: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Hey the prepaid card Ive got is from a travelagents its called the Cash Passport I got it from Thomas Cook but lota of different travel agents offer either the same card or alternatives. There are some catches like its a 2E charge to withdraw from a cashpoint, but thats nothing compared to how much travelers checks would cost.

Were planning about 50 50 big nights out/small nights. Weve booked tickets to see Example at Ibiza Rocks and for We Love Space (Sunday at Space club). We also plan om going too Le Priveledge and Eden.

Dont worry about asking questions, I hope this was helpful :biggrin: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah fabulous ive gotten one of them cards from thomas cook too but I don't know whether or not to use it or just take all cash rather than having to keep withdrawing etc, and oo so youve already bought tickets for 2 big nights out and half board and you're still taking like 800 or so euros jesus hahaha i deffo aint guna have enough! thankyou x
Reply 35
ah fabulous ive gotten one of them cards from thomas cook too but I don't know whether or not to use it or just take all cash rather than having to keep withdrawing etc, and oo so youve already bought tickets for 2 big nights out and half board and you're still taking like 800 or so euros jesus hahaha i deffo aint guna have enough! thankyou x

Are you planning on going to the big clubs. Ive only brought so much money because in the nig clubs its 10E for a pint.x and I was debating whether to bring all money as well but I just thought ts a bit safer to use a card. Have a brilliant timexx

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it's a drinking holiday, you need to continue drinking for the full thing or else you are going to suffer a major hangover. I literally mean when you wake up, it's a glass of water and an alcopop or a beer or any low alcoholic drink and just keep sipping water and alcohol throughout the day to keep you from the inevitable come down.

Also don't ignore the club PRs on in the west end and the strip that are offering you deals, you can literally get a **** load of alcohol for a fraction of the price simply walking down the street getting an offer from a PR, then when you've finished your drink moving to the the next bar offering a deal on your first drinks. That way when you head to a club you are sufficiently pissed and wont need to spend a great deal on the overpriced club drinks.

Capones and the strip club across from capones always do first drink deals like 2 coctails and 4 shots (usually two of your own choice, two archers) for like 10 euros.

Also if you are partial to recreational drug use, you are in the right place. I'm not condoning illegal activity and you should not break the law in any way (ok tsr I'm saying they shouldn't take drugs). I'm just making the point that if you are going to do it ibiza usually has some good stuff as drug use goes, but be wary because people will try and screw you over. For example if you are offered pure MDMA and they give you a pill, it's not pure, it's an E and is cut with all sorts. It might still be good don't get me wrong but I met loads of people claiming they got pure MDMA then pulled out a couple of pills. Ketamine (spelling?) is quite big in ibiza as well, just remember a little goes a long way. Coke is pretty hard if you've never taken drugs before and recently the coke market has taken a hit meaning it's usually cut quite a bit. I would personally say don't bother with coke (again if you are going to take drugs, which you shouldn't because it's illegal :wink:), but if you do, ask around and find a more reputable buyer, club reps and hotel reps tend to know a lot about where the good and bad stuff is so don't be afraid to ask because it's common practice over there anyway.
Reply 37
Are you planning on going to the big clubs. Ive only brought so much money because in the nig clubs its 10E for a pint.x and I was debating whether to bring all money as well but I just thought ts a bit safer to use a card. Have a brilliant timexx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically im going for 11 days but leave at 6am on last so basically ten days and cause were goin for so long we plan to have the last night in due to earlyflight and atleast one other night in for money saving, through the day except a boat party we plan to sunbathe all day everyday so moneys saved there too, we do want to go to a few big clubs and are aware of the prices an drink prices but even clubbin in the uk we just predrink loooads and it lasts us all night so we plan the same here! Just gunna go to the strip/drink at hotel before big clubs n save loads that way, dont plan to pay 20 euro for a vodka n mixer! And maybe just buy a bottle of water when out alto they're 10 euro, anyway the rest of our time unless we find discounted tickets to big clubs etc we plan to just go to smaller clubs n bars etc as were only 17 were not majorly fussed about the big clubs just want a good time but do want a few big clubs for the memories! Sorry for the huge paragraph btw..
and do you think 1000 pounds which is 1100/1200 euros will be enough for basically ten days? I know its cuttin it abit short but we plan on doing nothing during the day, we'll be hungover so not eatin as much and will eat out cheap, and then a few big nights n rest smaller nights? And you too have a lovely time sorry for the huge paragraph xxx
Reply 38
Original post by Zero Nowhere
If it's a drinking holiday, you need to continue drinking for the full thing or else you are going to suffer a major hangover. I literally mean when you wake up, it's a glass of water and an alcopop or a beer or any low alcoholic drink and just keep sipping water and alcohol throughout the day to keep you from the inevitable come down.

Also don't ignore the club PRs on in the west end and the strip that are offering you deals, you can literally get a **** load of alcohol for a fraction of the price simply walking down the street getting an offer from a PR, then when you've finished your drink moving to the the next bar offering a deal on your first drinks. That way when you head to a club you are sufficiently pissed and wont need to spend a great deal on the overpriced club drinks.

Capones and the strip club across from capones always do first drink deals like 2 coctails and 4 shots (usually two of your own choice, two archers) for like 10 euros.

Also if you are partial to recreational drug use, you are in the right place. I'm not condoning illegal activity and you should not break the law in any way (ok tsr I'm saying they shouldn't take drugs). I'm just making the point that if you are going to do it ibiza usually has some good stuff as drug use goes, but be wary because people will try and screw you over. For example if you are offered pure MDMA and they give you a pill, it's not pure, it's an E and is cut with all sorts. It might still be good don't get me wrong but I met loads of people claiming they got pure MDMA then pulled out a couple of pills. Ketamine (spelling?) is quite big in ibiza as well, just remember a little goes a long way. Coke is pretty hard if you've never taken drugs before and recently the coke market has taken a hit meaning it's usually cut quite a bit. I would personally say don't bother with coke (again if you are going to take drugs, which you shouldn't because it's illegal :wink:), but if you do, ask around and find a more reputable buyer, club reps and hotel reps tend to know a lot about where the good and bad stuff is so don't be afraid to ask because it's common practice over there anyway.

i'm used to hangovers tbf although i don't get them that bad even when i drink ridiculous amounts i'm often sick though which helps to not get hangover the next mornin! And i might have a cocktail here and there but i wont be constantly drinking from mornin til night everyday my stomach wont handle it for 11 days and neither will my bank balance hahaha,

yeah ive read loads of reviews an gathered that the prs are the best to speak to etc apparently prs sometimes walk across the beach handing out cheap or free tickets to big clubs - not sure how true that is though! Will be searching for good deals on drinks as i refuse to pay that much in big clubs!

and i dont do any kindof drugs so luckily that dont apply to me anyway. Thanks for the advice xx
Reply 39
Basically im going for 11 days but leave at 6am on last so basically ten days and cause were goin for so long we plan to have the last night in due to earlyflight and atleast one other night in for money saving, through the day except a boat party we plan to sunbathe all day everyday so moneys saved there too, we do want to go to a few big clubs and are aware of the prices an drink prices but even clubbin in the uk we just predrink loooads and it lasts us all night so we plan the same here! Just gunna go to the strip/drink at hotel before big clubs n save loads that way, dont plan to pay 20 euro for a vodka n mixer! And maybe just buy a bottle of water when out alto they're 10 euro, anyway the rest of our time unless we find discounted tickets to big clubs etc we plan to just go to smaller clubs n bars etc as were only 17 were not majorly fussed about the big clubs just want a good time but do want a few big clubs for the memories! Sorry for the huge paragraph btw..
and do you think 1000 pounds which is 1100/1200 euros will be enough for basically ten days? I know its cuttin it abit short but we plan on doing nothing during the day, we'll be hungover so not eatin as much and will eat out cheap, and then a few big nights n rest smaller nights? And you too have a lovely time sorry for the huge paragraph xxx

I think you should be fine providing you do stick to small clubs. Predrinks (as in Vodka from supermarket etc.) are dirt cheap in Ibiza so I'm sure you'll have a blast! Do you have to purchase food with your money?

Quick Reply

Latest