The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Accommodation 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by msr36
Hey hii..... Lol thanks.....

I think ill go for the cheaper accommodation at first then once i find a job and do all the work, get paid then ill decide whether i have enough spending money so that im not dishing out too much money..... I think thats the sensible way to go about it :-P

Lol me n sensible?? Guess uni uis having its impacts :-P
So have u like already started the course or are u starting as a new undergrad this year??

Anyhows hope to see u there :-P
Haha it's no problem, and that's probably a good idea - you'll definitely save money that way! Haha I suppose it must be! :P Nope, new undergrad this year - can't wait! :smile: Yeah you too! :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by Panda124
I wouldn't worry, I thought that too but it seems we're not the only ones so don't worry :smile: aw that's great - enjoy your visit! Oh really? I didn't think anybody had yet, I know where I want to apply but I didn't know anyone had been able to yet since it doesn't open till the 20th?

It's not a problem :smile:

No I mean people at college going to other unis. One guy had his sorted by February so I felt I was behind. Do you have any idea where you want to stay?
Reply 42
Original post by Caity13
Is this also the case if you picked them as your insurance choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh I'm so sorry I never even noticed you'd replied to this! :frown: I'm sorry I honestly don't know, maybe try phoning admissions to see if they can help you out?
Reply 43
Original post by elitepower
No I mean people at college going to other unis. One guy had his sorted by February so I felt I was behind. Do you have any idea where you want to stay?
Oh riiight, sorry I didn't really get you there. Wow, February's early, but as far as I'm aware all the Aberdeen applicatns got accommodation packs sent out at the same time, and I applied on the 20th.

I put Esslemont as my first choice when I applied the other day. How about you? :smile:
Original post by Panda124
Oh riiight, sorry I didn't really get you there. Wow, February's early, but as far as I'm aware all the Aberdeen applicatns got accommodation packs sent out at the same time, and I applied on the 20th.

I put Esslemont as my first choice when I applied the other day. How about you? :smile:

Yeah I got the letter too, it was reassuring! Oh Esslemont looks nice. I'm not really sure yet, I'm going to have a good look through them and make a list of points. Hopefully by the time I visit, I will have narrowed it down and can look at some. I am aiming to have it done by the start of next week, don't want to leave it too long.

How is your exam revision going?
hey guys
got accommodation at New Carnegie Court, moving in on 21st Sept soo excited :smile:
anyone on here going to New Carnegie Court?
Hey there, I'm moving into Hillhead in september but I never actually looked around the accommodation Does anyone know if there is secure(ish) motorbike parking? Not sure if its worth bringing mine with me or not.
Hey guys,
this may be a weird question but does anyone know if the rooms in South House have windows? It's kind of hard tell with the pics in here: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/accommodation/choosing_accommodation/hillhead_student_village.php

I've already paid the reservation fee for a room in South House and now I started to worry that I may be moving to a place that looks like a prison...
Original post by tuulijohanna
Hey guys,
this may be a weird question but does anyone know if the rooms in South House have windows? It's kind of hard tell with the pics in here: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/accommodation/choosing_accommodation/hillhead_student_village.php

I've already paid the reservation fee for a room in South House and now I started to worry that I may be moving to a place that looks like a prison...

The rooms do have windows! Friend of mine was living there last year :smile:
Reply 49
anyone applied kings street exchange?
Hey all, hope you're all doing good 8)

just spamming everywhere as I'm needing a replacement tenant for an ensuite room in the spring gardens accommodation! Have a wee look at my thread and if interested, give me a shout, or if you know others who may be interested let me know!

cheers!
Reply 51
Just accepted my accommodation offer for South House. Can't wait to move in September :biggrin:
Only thing that worries me right now is how I'm gonna get my suitcase within the airport weight limits -.-

So, anyone else going for South House?
Original post by Rennay
Just accepted my accommodation offer for South House. Can't wait to move in September :biggrin:
Only thing that worries me right now is how I'm gonna get my suitcase within the airport weight limits -.-

So, anyone else going for South House?

Heya, I will be in South House too (flat 201), haven't found any of my flatmates yet though :frown:
I'm in south house too! Flat 187 :smile:
Reply 54
hey everyone. can someone tell me if kings hall is for undergraduates or not? because it says different things on different parts of the website! thanks in advance :smile:
I've applied for accommodation but I haven't been told where I've got, does anyone know how you find out? I don't fancy sleeping outside for a year!
Original post by katherinelou94
I've applied for accommodation but I haven't been told where I've got, does anyone know how you find out? I don't fancy sleeping outside for a year!

They take a couple of days before sending you an e-mail with a link for you to then accept or decline the accommodation they have offered you :smile:
Reply 57
I still haven't heard from them yet :/ and I am going away on tuesday for a week so I hope I hear from them on Monday! I just really want to know where and who I'll be living with next year. :smile:
Provisionally allocated to Fyfe House. Would have preferred Wavell, but if it's floor separated anyway I'm not sure how much difference it would make...
Hey guys, got my accomidation through, not too thrilled about it. Thinking about phoning up the office and seeing what else is available. Has anyone else done this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending