The Student Room Group

Tesco Student Transfer and working whilst at University?

I've been employed by Tesco for the last two years, and it is a really good job with plenty of benefits whilst i've been at college. However, I plan on starting university in october and moving away from home, and thus work. Tesco offer a student transfer program, so I will hopefully be able to transfer to wherever I move and continue working for them, but my manager is pretty useless and I have no idea how to go about doing this. Has anyone done this?
Also, this got me thinking, if I was to have a job, with Tesco or another company, whilst at university, would that mean I won't be able to come home during the holidays because I will need to work, because although it's fine saying I could take the holidays of as holiday, realistically, this may not always be possible.
So basically, I'm just wondering if anyone has transfered with Tesco and if what you do in holidays.
Thanks
Reply 1
Have no experience of this tbh but only advice I can give is to speak to hr and look online on the tesco website.
Someone I know at uni is on this though, when it came to summer and christmas holidays she got to transfer back to her store at home and for easter holidays she just used her holidays as it was only two weeks but you ideally need to book them asap to have better chance of getting them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by 06reedd
I've been employed by Tesco for the last two years, and it is a really good job with plenty of benefits whilst i've been at college. However, I plan on starting university in october and moving away from home, and thus work. Tesco offer a student transfer program, so I will hopefully be able to transfer to wherever I move and continue working for them, but my manager is pretty useless and I have no idea how to go about doing this. Has anyone done this?
Also, this got me thinking, if I was to have a job, with Tesco or another company, whilst at university, would that mean I won't be able to come home during the holidays because I will need to work, because although it's fine saying I could take the holidays of as holiday, realistically, this may not always be possible.
So basically, I'm just wondering if anyone has transfered with Tesco and if what you do in holidays.
Thanks

I don't know an awful lot about the transfer system although I do work for Tesco. You would have to speak to your Managers, but I guess you could also try contacting stores for yourself near where you're going to uni and they could possibly help you transfer also.

The people from my store that have transferred elsewhere for uni come back during the holidays and work with us again (usually christmas time), so you would still be able to work in the holidays as well as being at home!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending