The Student Room Group

Am I datable?

Hello :smile:

Basically, I have not been having much luck recently in the relationship department, or anything to do with the opposite sex to be honest. I get referred to as "the perfect guy" quite a lot, but it all just goes over my head because nobody is perfect, and people are just trying to be nice.

I have very low self confidence right now, and I was just wondering if I am actually a 'datable' guy, or just someone that will just continue to push people away for the next 10 years.

Anyways; I'll just describe myself a little:

I'm 18 years old and around 6ft tall
I listen to metal music such as BMTH, but I am open to other genres
I dress in skinny jeans, t-shirts, and over sized jumpers
I am quite submissive
I like to listen to people's problems and be someone to console in
I am quite intelligent and opinionated
I have no trouble holding up a conversation
I am honest and truthful
I love food and sleep
I like to be caring, and I like making a girl feel good about herself
My ideal date would be a take-aways and films on the sofa, but I am open to more outgoing dates of course :smile:

So yeah, I don't know, am I a datable guy?
Reply 1
I don't get stuff like this. Don't mean to be mean but unless you're not a nice person (although many horrible people have partners so perhaps even then), there is clearly going to be someone in the world that wants to date you. You can't just say 'Am i dateable?' because of course you are. Even the so-called 'undateables' on C4 are dateable! Moreover, those mainly positives about your personality and a couple of general likes - you could be anybody! Instead of posting and asking random people about whether they think you can get a date, perhaps you should think 'Well I know I am dateable, but perhaps I could be productive and attempt to improve my chances'. Maybe make a list of a couple of things that you think are potentially off-putting for others, for example, too quiet/too forward or perhaps a very narrow field of interests (just things that come to mind) and then work on them.
If you are putting yourself out there then yes. If you are hiding away from the world then no, because how are you ever going to get the chance?

For dating it doesn't matter what music you like etc someone will eventually like you for you. If you don't have a partner yet then it is not really a reflection on what sort of person you are you just haven't met someone right yet. It will happen, don't beat yourself up.
Reply 3
Yes, but you're probably more of an acquired taste (because of interests etc). Don't worry, I'm sure the right girl will come along.
Reply 4
It doesn't matter, guys. I guess I was feeling down, and a little stupid. It's cool now :smile:

It was me btw x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending