The Student Room Group

No children at weddings

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I remember when I was younger my mum getting invited to a wedding and us kids didn't but it was because the person was just having close family. I definitely want children at mine, little flower girls :smile: I just feel wedding is also about family and children are part of the family.
Funny seeing people in their teens and early twenties go 'I hate kids, they're such little ****s' when it wasn't too long ago that they themselves indulged in this practice. Don't get too overwhelmed by your overpowering maturity now..

But as for me, I wouldn't mind as long as the children in question were those of the 'closer' guests, as it were. My mum's a teacher (reception) so I imagine she'd love to meet nieces and nephews of my significant other, or my close friends' children. Likewise I'd hope that the in-laws would like to meet my nieces/nephews (though I probably won't have any when I get married as my brother and sister are younger than me).
Also amused at the number of people who think children would ruin the weddings... I've been to a few weddings that were 'ruined' but it was generally by very drunk 'grown ups'...
I'd let kids at my wedding, I don't think they'd ruin it. Also if you ban them, it makes things difficult for the parents.

I hated it when I was younger and I wasn't invited to family weddings. Even when I was 13 and obviously at an age where I'd behave myself, I was still left out from my second cousin's wedding even though my parents were invited and it didn't seem particularly fair.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending