The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Somehow I find a 46 year old with a 22 year old better than a 26 year old with an 18 year old. Mainly because I think 22 year olds are more grounded whereas 18 year olds are still slightly in the process of maturity development (both physical and mental).
Reply 2
No, not at all strange. I wouldn't even say it's particularly unusual either.
Reply 3
Original post by Dragonfly07
Somehow I find a 46 year old with a 22 year old better than a 26 year old with an 18 year old. Mainly because I think 22 year olds are more grounded whereas 18 year olds are still slightly in the process of maturity development (both physical and mental).

But if the 18 year old in question is very mature for her age, then surely that shouldn't matter?
Reply 4
Don't see a problem with it tbh. My mum was 17 and my dad was 30 when they first met. They been together 20 years now. As long as you're happy then don't care for people who judge :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You were 8 when she was born.
Original post by WhiteWalker
But if the 18 year old in question is very mature for her age, then surely that shouldn't matter?

If she's mature then it shouldn't matter, but in most cases I don't think it would be true. Of course according to the law it's ok, but I would try to stop my daughter (or my son) at any cost from getting into that sort of relationship.

Original post by Katiekj25
Don't see a problem with it tbh. My mum was 17 and my dad was 30 when they first met. They been together 20 years now. As long as you're happy then don't care for people who judge :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do realise that as their daughter you're unlikely to actually find out what's going on behind the scence, or even under your nose if you're used to it and think it's normal. My parents also married at similar ages and have been together (allegedly "happily") for more than 20 years. It turns out he was using her the whole time.
Non-issue for both situations.

At 18 I was in a relationship with a 35 year old.

I'm now 22 and have been with my 34 year old partner for 3 years in May. We have our own place too and even moved to another country (7000 miles away) together.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Dragonfly07
If she's mature then it shouldn't matter, but in most cases I don't think it would be true. Of course according to the law it's ok, but I would try to stop my daughter (or my son) at any cost from getting into that sort of relationship.

You do realise that as their daughter you're unlikely to actually find out what's going on behind the scence, or even under your nose if you're used to it and think it's normal. My parents also married at similar ages and have been together (allegedly "happily") for more than 20 years. It turns out he was using her the whole time.

Well seeing as you're in a different situation where your dad was using your mum, of course you're going to generalise everyone with age differences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Iamyourfather
You were 8 when she was born.

I'm assuming this was directed at me? No, I'm 19. She was 18 when she had me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not a problem there, I was 19 and my first boyfriend 29 and we were together 5 years. We never felt it was weird and neither did all our mates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't find it strange. My boyfriend is 27 and I'm 20, he'll be 28 while I'm still 20 which is the same as 18 and 26.

We have the same interests, both into fitness, the same music and film likes, the same views on a lot of things and are at the same points in our lives (single parents, back at university/college etc). The age gap isn't noticeable at all to me - I prefer it. He's been through a lot and he's old enough to know what he wants and how he'll get there.
I wouldn't say that at 20 I'm naive either, I have always been the youngest and I am 2 years younger than the person closest in age to me on my course.

t's just one of those things, and 18-26, 20-28 isn't a big gap. If it were something like 18 and mid-30's or something, then yeah, as that could potentially be double the persons age/have children the same age as the partner etc.
26/2 = 13

13+7 = 20

Sorry.
I dated a couple of 25-26 year olds when I was 18. Depends on how mature both parties are, and what the intentions of the older party are if the 18 year old is naïve.
Reply 14
Original post by Dragonista
Non-issue for both situations.

At 18 I was in a relationship with a 35 year old.

I'm now 22 and have been with my 34 year old partner for 3 years in May. We have our own place too and even moved to another country (7000 miles away) together.

You sure like older guys.
Depends on the specific 18 and 26 year olds.
When I'm 46 I'll have kids older than 22, I always wonder what people with huge age gaps talk about, it would be like hanging out with you dad.
It's not the most common situation but I can't see anything wrong with that. When I first met my current bf three years ago I was 18 and he was almost 25 so we had a similar situation. I think it depends on how mature the 18 years old girl (or boy) is and what are the real intentions of the 26 years old.
Original post by WhiteWalker

As a general rule, most girls think they are very mature for their age. Ask them :smile:

It's much the same for boys.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
She'll want different things. She's still young and immature no matter how mature she thinks she is. She's just discovering her sexual power that she has over men. Most girls think they are more mature than lads their age when they aren't. Girls just have different opportunities and are different.

By the time a girl is 19 everyone is drooling and wants her. Shes considered a woman. She pretty much has more access to dick than men her age have to pussy. Walk in a club and even if she is average or ugly she can pretty much get laid. The world is her oyster. She however is still immature and young.
Men at 19, the same as girls that age are immature, but are still considered boys and are lucky if they can keep a girlfriend or get semi-regular access to sex at that age (which happens to usually the popular kids/jocks/etc of the group). Things get better for men as they get older.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending