The Student Room Group

Post break-up with girlfriend - getting back together?

Hi there,

I posted on here recently how my girlfriend was having a terrible time trying to balance her studies at college with our relationship. Yesterday, she brought herself to end it.

I thought the outcome would be terrible: we'd return the stuff we got over the relationship from one another, we'd get rid of all the photos, we'd stop talking, but none of that happened. She told me that she still loves me, and that if the circumstances weren't against her that she'd get back with me in a 'split second'...

We talked for hours and hours yesterday after breaking up, and everything was much less stressful and more fluid; she seems so much happier not to have everything piled on top of her, which I'm infinitely happy to see.

However I know, in the back of my mind, that I'll have this silly notion/pipe dream that we'd one day get back together, say, after her exams. I'll be at university, but I'm more able to cope with balancing things. Is this pipe dream irrational? We both still love each other very much, and that shows whenever we speak and with how close we are, but I'm just unsure as to what I'm doing.

Any constructive thoughts/help would be appreciated. :redface:
Reply 1
it doesn't sound like you actually split up properly, maybe you will get back together

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending