The Student Room Group

Suppressed me.

So, I'm pretty new to this, I usually keep things to myself. I guess I thought I'd try a new approach see if it helps me deal with this any better. Before I met my boyfriend I was pretty confident, felt really good about myself, was really passionate about health and fitness. I was idnependent, knew what I wanted.

The longer I'm with my boyfriend the more I feel lost and out of control of my own life, my own decisions. I love my boyfriend more than anything in the world and would never want to be without him but its getting so difficult. Although I was independent, I had my problems, which my boryfriend helped me with, which is why I think he likes to control me now.

He goes on and on about me having a life outside of our relationship but he wont let me have one and I dont know what to do now. I love helping others and usually have an answer for everything but it seems I dont right now... what can I do? How can I get back to who I am?:confused:
Have some pride and do what you want with your own life?

You're letting him control you; that's down to you. Aside from physically restraining you, how can he possibly stop you doing what you want? I also can't see how you can love someone who makes you personally unhappy...
Reply 2
He seems to come across as a bit of a controlling hypocrite. Have you told him about how you feel? If he knew how you felt then maybe he would try and be more encouraging and give you some space.
Reply 3
He doesnt make me unhappy, its complicated, maybe I shouldnt have posted on this thing.

Its not as simple as doing what you want when you want, when your in a relationship that means this much to you, you tell each other everything and value the others opinion. I would never want to do anything that would cause problems for my relationship.

Of course I have spoken to him about it but he doesnt understand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending