The Student Room Group

confuseing LLM

ok here is the situation..
My GPA is slightly under upper second class honour degree . its a high lower second class honour degree with some work experince ( 2 years)
I got accepted at sheffield but didnt recieve the offer letter yet and its taking forever . so am afraid it will consist of some kind of wierd conditions ( i got one like that from Sussex, they want me to raise my GPA to a high upper second class honour degree) .
Therefore and since i have 2 copies left of my Refrence Letters i dicided to apply for another 2 universities as a backup in case i couldnt fill Sheffield's offer .

I want a University who would probably accept me or lets say not much of a risk :-) ( by the way I got rejected from Bristol , Edinburgh and Exeter)

SO my choises are:
Glasgow , Hull , Cardiff , Lancaster , East Anglia

Remmber i can only chose 2 of those . Need opinions As soon as possible .

I know Glasgow beat them all but there but Its not that easy to get accepted there.. what do you think ?
Reply 1
For the School of Law at Glasgow University:

Entry requirements for taught LL.M. programmes:

Applicants must normally have obtained an upper-second class Honours degree in law or another cognate subject from a university or college recognised by the University of Glasgow. Applicants must also demonstrate proficiency in English: the minimum standard is British Council IELTS band 6.5, with no component less than 6.0, or TOEFL 570 (paper-based test), 230 (computer-based). Once admitted, students may be required to take a language class as part of their programme. This requirement does not apply to students within the EU, but it is strongly recommended that they achieve the minimum standard.

That suggests that they are looking for applicants with 2.1's... it doesn't mean they wouldn't accept you though. You'll just have to impress them :smile:
For more info. look at http://www.law.gla.ac.uk/Law/GenericPage.aspx?ID=118&TabID=2&MenuID=13&SubMenuID=222&DynamicMenuID=-1
It provided details of available options for an LLM.
Good Luck,
Scots_Law
Reply 2
LauraWalker
Hull want a 2.1 for a masters as far as I am concerned- not that I am a very important person there but its in all our literature

I know but sometimes they make exceptions for the with work experince
Anyway I met a Lady who works at hull today, and gave her my application and the other documants .. will try my luck there .
anyway Laura is hull an intersting place? never been there ..
would you recommnded incase I got an offer ?
can you tell me abit about your experince ?
Reply 3
Surely Cardiff, being rated quite highly in most league tables and all, will require a good 65% average ie. a middle 2:1...
Reply 4
confuseing speeling
Reply 5
Ferrus .. if you speak my language like i speak yours then i will be happy to tell you why IDIOTS get better jobs while they cant even spell "confusing" in a right way .

Laura thanks for you help .. now hull seems like an intersting place

and if you guys start to concentrate more on the question than the spelling that will be much more helpful .
Reply 6
Ferrus, they get better jobs because they're not Di*kheads like you. have you considered the possibility that english is not his/her first language?
Reply 7
I have to say this talk of Ferrus has lost me....lol. Good luck AnoosLaw..Keep us updated on your progress.
Reply 8
S_Dimelow
I have to say this talk of Ferrus has lost me....lol. Good luck AnoosLaw..Keep us updated on your progress.

He made a post, but the mods deleted it because he was being nasty.

Latest

Trending

Trending