The Student Room Group

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by amyyalice
Hello, what sort of topics do you think will come up on the non calculator paper? :smile:

Vectors, angle problems, money context questions, solving equations, conditional probability (although not sure about that one), cumulative frequency, surds, indices laws...

Can't think of any more :P
I've got a feeling that our exam is going to be easy
We had a prediction for the June 2013 paper. The only challenging question was a circle theorem one ^_^
Why does vectors ALWAYS come up on the last page of every exam?
cos it weird and annoying
I understand the basic vector, like the 1 marker but, never get the harder one which is usulally worth 3 marks, if anyone is willing to help me understand this - please go ahead :wink:
To prove vectors are parallel, you have to prove that both vectors are multiple of another vector.
To prove vectors are straight lines, you have to prove that one of the points lie on a straight line or are parallel
I really want forming quadratic equations, Trigonometry + Pythagoras (in one question), circle theorems, vectors, recurring decimals and tree diagrams to come up. But at the same time if graph transformations come up I'm dead. I can't seem to ever remember that when you have something like y=f(x-6) the graph moves to the right and y=f(x+6) the graph moves to the left - I always do it the other way around :frown:
Reply 108
Could you attach the June 2013 prediction paper?
there's a prediction paper? :biggrin:
Reply 110
Original post by Captain Anonymous
there's a prediction paper? :biggrin:

There should be, there were ones for the March and November ones as far as I am aware.....
who makes it and where is it published :biggrin:
PiXL produce a prediction paper for paper 2 AFTER the paper 1 has been taken - your school may subscribe to the PiXl service and make it available to you.
Mr M has also done one in the past and I think his last one was closer to the actual paper.

mathswatch usually publish a list of topics that will be on paper 2 (again after they have seen paper 1)

Predicting the contents of paper 1 is kind of pointless - almost every D to B topic that doesn't require a calculator is likely to be on paper 1 and if not it will be on paper 2. Some of the A/A* topics (impossible to say which) will appear on each paper - there isn't room on the paper to test them all. Trial and Improvement & Trigonometry will be tested on paper 2. Estimating a mean from grouped data is also likely to be on paper 2. Area and volume involving pi is also likely to be on paper 2 but can be on paper 1 if your answers are to be left in terms of pi.
Hey everyone :wink:,

okay I've finished revising for the maths exam(s) finally WOOHOO!

My weak areas are: vectors, loci and constructions, parallel and perpendicular lines, equation of a circle, simultaneous equations (2) on graphs and congruent triangles.

If anyone can help me with these i'll be very grateful
Reply 114
Hey everyone :wink:,

okay I've finished revising for the maths exam(s) finally WOOHOO!

My weak areas are: vectors, loci and constructions, parallel and perpendicular lines, equation of a circle, simultaneous equations (2) on graphs and congruent triangles.

If anyone can help me with these i'll be very grateful

Parallel lines = same gradient

Eg. y=4x is parallel to y=4x+5 as they have the same gradient

Perpendicular lines = reciprocal gradient

Eg. The equation of the perpendicular line to y=4x would be y=1/4x.

Hope that helped slightly. If you want some clarification I can try and help tomorrow. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah okay yeah thanks so much it makes it slightly more clear :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tohaaaa

Perpendicular lines = reciprocal gradient

Eg. The equation of the perpendicular line to y=4x would be y = -1/4x.
(edited 10 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do people think our paper will be similar to June 2012/ March 2013 exams? :?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do people think our paper will be similar to June 2012/ March 2013 exams? :?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope it's more like the March exam because the topics which came up were so easy (at least for me personally). My school had the March exam as a mock and I got 197/200. The June paper was also relatively easy but I didn't really like it to be honest. What do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending