Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Worried about Preston. HELP!

just worried
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
You will literally be able to find that on the internet about nearly everywhere in Britain!

Preston, like everywhere else, has both good and bad parts. Lancashire is a beautiful county though.

Please try not to worry, 99.9% of places of perfectly safe to go, there seems to be some weird kind of "who can be the chavviest/roughest" competition on the internet.

Most places are perfectly safe, just use your common sense to stay safe (that goes for everywhere)!

Preston has got pretty good transport links too if you want to explore out of preston :smile:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by gummibear
You will literally be able to find that on the internet about nearly everywhere in Britain!

Preston, like everywhere else, has both good and bad parts. Lancashire is a beautiful county though.

Please try not to worry, 99.9% of places of perfectly safe to go, there seems to be some weird kind of "who can be the chavviest/roughest" competition on the internet.

Most places are perfectly safe, just use your common sense to stay safe (that goes for everywhere)!

Preston has got pretty good transport links too if you want to explore out of preston :smile:

Hey, thanks man! It's a relief to hear that!
Reply 3
Original post by princetongerl
I'm an international student, so pardon me if I say something wrong.
I have recently firmed UCLan for this year's intake.

BUT!

I was on some websites like youtube and people were saying how Preston is a ****hole full of Chavs... blah blah blah..

Now, I'm really worried. Can someone tell me how much this is true, please?

Hi this is UCLan,

Please try not to worry, the city of Preston is generally considered a safe place to live. Even so, the University takes the security and safety of its students very seriously. We have 24 hour security presence on campus with CCTV coverage. In addition, we have site wardens available to deal with any issues arising out of hours.

The Students’ Union also operates a safety bus scheme to take students home from the main campus. It runs until the early hours of the morning. The driver will drop the student off at the door and will wait until they have actually gone into the house. Additionally, the Union has made special arrangements with a local taxi firm whereby, if a student has run out of money and is some distance from home, they can telephone for a taxi, show their Union card, and they will be taken home. The Students’ Union will then recover the money from the student and pay the taxi firm.

I hope this sets your mind at rest, and that you will enjoy your stay with us here at UCLan.

Kind Regards
UCLan.
Reply 4
Load of ****e, don't worry.
I've lived here 20 years. It's a brilliant city.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending