The Student Room Group

Student finance enquiry

Right well to keep it short and simple I applied recently for finance, I was entitled to a loan and grant as I live independent and have a household income of under 25k so requested for the full sum of money that I am entitled to, my online application has now been updated and says I am entitled to just my tuition fee and a loan of a little over 3k for the entire year, and now claims my household income has not been taken into consideration, however it says they have sent me a declaration in the post for me to send back to them once its complete, would this declaration be for me to confirm my household income is below 25k so I can possibly get a grant? Or would I have to sign it and just settle with my 3.5k loan?

If anyone has any experience with this I'd appreciate any feedback or advice, thanks!
Reply 1
That declaration is to say you agree to the terms and conditions. They should assess you as income assessed at a later date / when they look at your evidence.
Right well the online application says nothing about my eligibility to a grant now that's its updated but before it was updated it stated I applied for a 3k+ grant, so I'm just worrying they're now trying to claim I'm not entitled to it is all
Reply 3
You can sign the declaration regardless. It doesn't tie you in to a specific amount of money it just means your agreeing to the terms and conditions of the loan.

With regards to means testing, if you asked for it to be done and it hasn't been done you should call to find out why. Or check the "view "correspondence" section of your online application to see if they've written out to ask you to send anything in first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending