The Student Room Group

Just finished taking the GMAT, have an issue with applying to Bocconi

Hey guys,

so I took the GMAT for the 2nd time yesterday, got 680 (got 590 on my first try). I'm quite happy, of course 700 or 720 is always better but 680 is a good score IMO. 680 was my objective 5 months ago, I needed 680 to be able to apply to all the programs I wanted to.

I'm applying to masters in Finance:

-Imperial, Cass, St.Gallen, Bocconi and ESSEC.

St.gallen was the one that required a minimum score of 680 to be able to apply. Now I heard someone say that that nobody with a score under 700 got accepted last year but I'll still take my chances. I mean, I'll never know if I don't try. Maybe the fact that I'm Swiss, did my bachelor degree in a swiss uni, speak French+English and that I played a high level of sport can help me get in. I know they can't state it explicitly but maybe they wanna try and promote "local" talent.

I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't apply to another program now if I don't really have a good shot at St.Gallen. A 6th option might not be a bad idea but I can't think of any other program that I'd have a good shot at and which is pretty well regarded.

BUT, I have an issue with Bocconi:

Students with a 650+ GMAT score had a specific application deadline, they had the first deadline back in January (as you can see on their website). What do you think I should do? Should I give them a call and ask them if I should still apply like if I had a lower score or should I send my application is some special form or something. I'm sure I'm not the first person to get a 650+ score after the 650+ score deadline... The next deadline requires you do send everything by April 5th:

http://www.unibocconi.eu/wps/wcm/connect/Bocconi/SitoPubblico_EN/Navigation+Tree/Home/Services/Application+and+Admission/Admission+-+Masters+of+science/International+Applicants/lm12+International+applicants_Borsetto+2008+11+20+12+51

I still haven't checked if I need to write an essay or anything. Also, do I send them a copy of the GMAT sheet I got at the test center? Cuz they'll get my official results (with essay score and integrated reasoning) in 20 days. I don't know if it's on a rolling basis so I might want to aim for the April 4th deadline. Plus with a 680 score, I can apply for a merit scholarship I think...
Reply 1
Hi swisstud. With regards to Bocconi, there's definitely no issue in applying on the succeeding rounds. I applied as an international student, got a 650+, and admitted in the second round. I guess the minimum of 650 is a requirement in order to participate in the first round, but does not preclude one from applying in the next rounds. I wasn't able to apply for R1 because I dont have my Official Score yet in time for the deadline. I also sent them a GMAC report, although I am not quite sure if its really that necessary. Besides, they are asking for a copy to be included in the dossier.
(edited 11 years ago)
I think you can apply normally for the second session. Probably it would have been easier to get in in the first, since they place a greater emphasis on the GMAT score (so they require at least 650), but they will still take it into account in the following rounds. Here are the selection criteria they posted.
Reply 3
hello! Out of curiosity, how was your academic standing in terms of GPA?? I'm an international student & am currently studying for my GMAT and plan to take it December so I can apply to Bocconi in January (hoping to score a 650+ so I can qualify for the first round). However, my GPA isn't thaaaat great (3.14), and since there aren't any specific requirements on Bocconi's website, I'm curious to know if I can stand a chance to get accepted even with a mediocre GPA. Thanks!
hello :smile: Does anyone know whether I can get a merit scholarship with 650 GMAT score and CFA Level 1?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending