The Student Room Group

HND to 1st Year Degree

Just enquiring;
I am currently in the final year of my 2 year HND course, i've received an offer from a university to progress into 1st year of a music degree, but i wasn't offered a place in 2nd year of the degree.
As i know, SLC only fund 4 years for study, but does this mean i can still progress on and study in 1st and 2nd year of my degree, but fund the 3rd year myself?
Reply 1
They'll try and fund years 2 and 3 leaving you to sort out year 1... Least that's what usually happens afaik.
Reply 2
Original post by Joinedup
They'll try and fund years 2 and 3 leaving you to sort out year 1... Least that's what usually happens afaik.

:yes: When it comes to funding, they work backwards.
Original post by GTS6
Just enquiring;
I am currently in the final year of my 2 year HND course, i've received an offer from a university to progress into 1st year of a music degree, but i wasn't offered a place in 2nd year of the degree.
As i know, SLC only fund 4 years for study, but does this mean i can still progress on and study in 1st and 2nd year of my degree, but fund the 3rd year myself?

SLC fund you for the length of your course + 1 year - previous study.

I am unsure what the deal is if you have a HND though. I believe this comes under the ELQ rules so you'd probably only get a maintenance loan in year 1 of the new course, then in years 2 and 3 you'd get maintenance loan (+ grant if applicable) + tuition fee loan.
Reply 4
Original post by Knalchemist
SLC fund you for the length of your course + 1 year - previous study.

I am unsure what the deal is if you have a HND though. I believe this comes under the ELQ rules so you'd probably only get a maintenance loan in year 1 of the new course, then in years 2 and 3 you'd get maintenance loan (+ grant if applicable) + tuition fee loan.

I suppose this wouldn't be so bad, i mean if im living away from home i may get a fair amount. I guess i'll have to see! Thanks for all your replies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending