The Student Room Group

I've been dating this girl for 3 months but I'm convinced she's 'the one'

I am 24 years old and my girlfriend is 22. We've been dating for 3 months, though we're both at B-school and we see each other for most of the time every day and even spend most nights together. I have never met a girl like her before and I'm convinced she's the girl I've been waiting for my entire life.

She has told me this as well, that I am 'the one' and that she has been waiting all her life for a guy like me. The problem is we both don't have jobs yet since we're still doing our MBAs but should get jobs by August-September. Do I propose to her then?

She sometimes gives me conflicting replies though which gets me a bit confused. She has said that she is commitment-phobic which worries and confuses me. Is she commitment-phobic in general or just towards me? I understand that her ex asked her to marry her following which she realised she couldn't spend the rest of her life with him because he just wasn't 'that' guy.

What do I do?
... that was beautiful.
Original post by huckingfell
I am 24 years old and my girlfriend is 22. We've been dating for 3 months, though we're both at B-school and we see each other for most of the time every day and even spend most nights together. I have never met a girl like her before and I'm convinced she's the girl I've been waiting for my entire life.

She has told me this as well, that I am 'the one' and that she has been waiting all her life for a guy like me. The problem is we both don't have jobs yet since we're still doing our MBAs but should get jobs by August-September. Do I propose to her then?

She sometimes gives me conflicting replies though which gets me a bit confused. She has said that she is commitment-phobic which worries and confuses me. Is she commitment-phobic in general or just towards me? I understand that her ex asked her to marry her following which she realised she couldn't spend the rest of her life with him because he just wasn't 'that' guy.

What do I do?

if she says to your face that she has commitment-phobic then my friend she isnt ready for what you want... u usually know when you r with the "one" {like you know for example,even though i honestly cant understand you how without a job at only 24 you are already thinking such things..}is it common in uk? because in my country in rare situations young men like yourself think such things..usually at 30 and afterwards these thoughts come up...
Reply 3
if you love each other , that's enough
Reply 4
3 months is a bit early for marriage proposals. I'd give it a year atleast

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by ZRO
3 months is a bit early for marriage proposals. I'd give it a year atleast

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I'm not proposing. Just thinking about it.
Reply 6
But then she says she isn't commitment-phobic when it comes to me.
Reply 7
Maybe you have to hint at it over a period of time until she starts talking about it to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by ZRO
Maybe you have to hint at it over a period of time until she starts talking about it to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

See that's the thing. When she gets drunk, she tells me she wants to marry me and have kids with me and keeps hinting at marriage. Then, sometimes she hints at being commitment-phobic. I'm really confused.
Reply 9
Original post by huckingfell
See that's the thing. When she gets drunk, she tells me she wants to marry me and have kids with me and keeps hinting at marriage. Then, sometimes she hints at being commitment-phobic. I'm really confused.

Hmmmm I'd tread carefully then. If you ask her make sure it's one of her "good days"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Falling this heavy after 3 months shouts disaster to me, especially in your contemplating marriage proposals even though you clearly know she isn't up for that so early in her life...

But then again, the word 'love' makes me shudder in horror :lol:
Tell her, "I would marry you." and gauge her reply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Hold your horses mate... This type of crazy behaviour in the honeymoon phase of a relationship is highly likely to get you dumped for being 'too serious'. Take it steady and enjoy the current for quite a while before speculating about the future, would be my advise - and from some hard bitten experience, mind...
My partner and I knew by 3 months that was it. Off the market for good haha.
But...if youre going to be together forever etc, whats the marriage rush? I cant wait to marry my partner but it isnt going to happen rigt now. Just enjoy every day together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Sorry, what's all this about a chinaman? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending