The Student Room Group

Books you want made into films/TV series....

So, which books have you guys read that you'd like to see on the big screen?

Obviously nothing beats a book, but I like seeing the characters I've read about actually come to life occasionally. Like with Game of Thrones.

Personally, I'd love to see The Kingkiller Chronicles being made into films. I think it would translate well onto the big screen and I love the story :biggrin:

I also read The Black Magician trilogy a few years ago and remember thinking that it has the potential to be a pretty successful film series, it's a bit like Harry Potter.

Scroll to see replies

Looking for Alaska!
Reply 2
Digital Fotress I think would make quite an exciting movie.
Its really the kinda young adult fantasy-ish books that I remember really fondly. That was such a great part of my reading career! So stuff like Mortal Engines, the Wind on Fire series and maybe the Garth Nix books, Sabriel etc.
The Demonata series by Darren Shan! I loved these books.

And also the 'power of five' books by Anthony Horowitz.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
The Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks would be a decent watch as well.
Reply 6
Original post by HesitantCicada
Looking for Alaska!

Definitely not. John Green books should not be touched. :frown:
The fact that twilight people are directing TFIOS is depressing enough.
Original post by dartanoir
Definitely not. John Green books should not be touched. :frown:
The fact that twilight people are directing TFIOS is depressing enough.

I agree that the movie could never be as good as the book, because of the way the plot is written and the way I already have strong images of the characters formed, but I'm curious to see how this all pans out. The problem with twilight was that the book was awfully written anyway, (I read the first one for a charity thing, earning around £50.) I've never watched a twilight film, but there's no way they could've significantly improved upon the book, so I see that as a fair prejudice. I'll try and keep some faith in the TFIOS film, if only because the story was so brilliant, though obviously it won't be an improvement. Also, yay, another nerdfighter :smile:, DFTBA friend!
Reply 8
The rest of the Narnia series. Because of Disney, a 4th film can't be made until the end of this year, by which time the cast of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader will be too old. They're going back to do the Magicians Nephew next, then probably The Horse and His Boy. It's unlikely the series will ever be finished.
Original post by SillyRodent
Its really the kinda young adult fantasy-ish books that I remember really fondly. That was such a great part of my reading career! So stuff like Mortal Engines, the Wind on Fire series and maybe the Garth Nix books, Sabriel etc.

Definitely. Especially the latter

Also, The Song of the Lioness quartet by Tamora Pierce
Reply 10
I agree that the movie could never be as good as the book, because of the way the plot is written and the way I already have strong images of the characters formed, but I'm curious to see how this all pans out. The problem with twilight was that the book was awfully written anyway, (I read the first one for a charity thing, earning around £50.) I've never watched a twilight film, but there's no way they could've significantly improved upon the book, so I see that as a fair prejudice. I'll try and keep some faith in the TFIOS film, if only because the story was so brilliant, though obviously it won't be an improvement. Also, yay, another nerdfighter :smile:, DFTBA friend!

Despite the Twilight series being awful I think they genuinely could have improved it but that's just my opinion. I'm guessing the fact they were working closely with the author didn't really help them as apparently the film was exactly what she had envisioned.
Also I think that Looking for Alaska would make the most boring film in the world as it's basically the dialogue that makes it so so good - nothing much actually happens in the book - I think Abundance of Katherines would make a much better film. DFTBA fellow Nerdfighter!
Reply 11
Original post by 419
Digital Fotress I think would make quite an exciting movie.

Yes, yes a thousand times yes!
Reply 12
Original post by brittanna
The Demonata series by Darren Shan! I loved these books.

The special effects would be epic :biggrin:
Reply 13
Michael Grant's 'Gone' series would be quite something. There's rumours that they are planning on making a movie :woo:
Reply 14
I always wanted the CHERUB books to be adapted into films, I think there might be plans to adapt them anyway though.
Looking for Alaska!

Reading this right now :smile:
The Noughts and Crosses series by Malorie Blackman :smile:
Original post by grassgrazers01
The Noughts and Crosses series by Malorie Blackman :smile:

I've been saying this all the time, it really needs to be made into a film.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alix23
The rest of the Narnia series. Because of Disney, a 4th film can't be made until the end of this year, by which time the cast of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader will be too old. They're going back to do the Magicians Nephew next, then probably The Horse and His Boy. It's unlikely the series will ever be finished.

The Horse and His Boy was my favourite!
Original post by Kateislate
Reading this right now :smile:

Hope you enjoy it! DFTBA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending