The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

That was a weird episode... What did people think? Think that the doctor will take some getting used to after David Tennant and Matt Smith.

And do more seasoned Dr Who fans know who the

Spoiler

Original post by *Interrobang*
That was a weird episode... What did people think? Think that the doctor will take some getting used to after David Tennant and Matt Smith.

Spoiler

From Madame DE pOMPADOUR
Reply 3402

Spoiler

Girl In The Fireplace (Tennant episode)

does that ring any bells?

clockwork aliens in france?

I saw it in the cinema on the world tour and loved it, saw it again here and loved it.
I'm really unsure how I feel about him at the moment, but at the same time I think it would be unfair to cast judgement upon him based on purely one episode. I guess I shall make my mind up as the season progresses.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
From Madame DE pOMPADOUR

Original post by alpen
Girl In The Fireplace (Tennant episode)

does that ring any bells?

clockwork aliens in france?

I saw it in the cinema on the world tour and loved it, saw it again here and loved it.

It didn't until I looked it up. Thanks both of you :smile:

Spoiler

Clockwork droids, they were in a season 3 tennant episode

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone make of that EP? I thought I was a nice episode, capaldi has won me over already!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3407
Loved the ending. :ahee:
I liked it :biggrin: I like Capaldi. He is approved of :cool:
I love Capaldi!!! I thought that was an awesome episode! Can't wait for the next! :biggrin:
Absolutely brilliant!!
I loved the episode! I love Capaldi!
Enjoyed it:yep: Love Capaldi :smile:
I loved it - love the new doctor too: "you all sound English, you've got a fault" :laugh: really not downplaying his Scottishness. Impressed they managed a joke about scottish independence in there.
I really liked the ep and Capaldi :smile:

I loved the reference to Series 2 and the clockwork men :gah:
Overall I liked it :smile: I think the story was still a little weak in places and guilty of some typical Moffat-isms but I think Capaldi gave it a (deep) breath of fresh air! :wink:

I also like the references to past episodes such as The Girl in the Fireplace and a even briefs reference to Capaldi's previous appearances when he said he recognised his face.

Looking forward to the next episode more than I have a for quite a while! :biggrin:
I liked it. The new dynamic with Clara is different but good and though the Scottish independence joke was clever.
I liked the episode but I think it may have been trying too hard to be funny - especially with strax! Aside from that, I liked Capaldi's doctor and loved matt at the end; I was in tears seeing him again! Overall it was a nice episode but it didn't have that umph that matt or Davids first episode had in my opinion, both of them had a nice speech whilst I found his quite dull. Yet, I'm looking forward to the season and interested in Missy, she can't be River or she would have called him her husband not boyfriend, but I like the theory of her being the master...
Reply 3418
Original post by Teddysmith123
I liked the episode but I think it may have been trying too hard to be funny - especially with strax! Aside from that, I liked Capaldi's doctor and loved matt at the end; I was in tears seeing him again! Overall it was a nice episode but it didn't have that umph that matt or Davids first episode had in my opinion, both of them had a nice speech whilst I found his quite dull. Yet, I'm looking forward to the season and interested in Missy, she can't be River or she would have called him her husband not boyfriend, but I like the theory of her being the master...

my theory

Spoiler

Original post by alpen
my theory

Spoiler

I think thats interesting actually. I love reading all these theories I heard another one about her being a version of clara! I have to say that after watching the episode on iplayer just now I am starting to really dislike this episode. I think capaldi was great just the episode lacked something to make him the doctor. It was the speech all new doctors have stood in front of the enermy and given a speech and his was to clara which was disappointing. The lackluster in that was only then salvaged with matt and the phone call. I think capaldi is great just moffat needs to start improving his writing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending