The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harrow.7

Spoiler

Maybe, but it is also fun to have a show that has so much heritage. My Dad is a huge fan and he is a mine of information about it - it's so fascinating to hear about the people and events in the show and watch old episodes on DVD. Some of the classic Doctors and assistants were really great and the stories were slower moving but well-written and fascinating. It's like a great treasure chest of fun acting, poignant moments and excitements, as well as laugh-out-loud corny moving scenery and low-budget monsters.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I've spoilered this for you.

Sorry, I didn't know how to do it! :colondollar:
Original post by Harrow.7
Sorry, I didn't know how to do it! :colondollar:

It says in the first post put [noparse]

Spoiler

[/noparse] and then it'll spoiler it.
Reply 43
Happy Doctor Who day :biggrin: I've been wearing my dalek t-shirt in honour.
Reply 44
Iplayer a little jumpy, looks like heavy activity.
Reply 45
A serve lac of the TARDIS in the opening sequence :lolwut:
OK, we're running! No more waiting!!
Meh
Reply 48
I actually thought it was a good episode! I really like Clara, i loved Amy but I think Clara will be better than her.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App
Reply 49
6/10.

Could have been much better, to be honest i'd rather the Victorian version had lived because that was a colossal introduction.

I get the feeling she could match Dr-Donna and Rose though.

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
The episode was ok but it seemed to just be missing that extra bit of 'oomph' which nearly every episode does in recent years.
Reply 52
Quite a let-down tbh...the next episode doesn't look that appetizing too... :/
Loved it!

And I already love Clara <3

Not sure what's going off with the opening sequence though :P
Reply 54
Did anyone else notice the book....Written by AMELIA WILLIAMS :colone:
Reply 55
Wasn't terrible.
Reply 56
Enjoyable enough, and adds to the mystery of Clara, but can't imagine it'll be one I rush back to watch again when the DVD is out.
7/10

That scene at the end with Celia Imrie on the floor, having been reduced to a child asking for her parents was probably the most chilling part of the episode for me.
8/10 it was good!

I definitely like Clara way more than Amy. After a while the Amy-Rory relationship became sickening, but Clara brings something fresh and new to the show :smile:

I agree that the plot was not the best, but it was done really well especially at the beginning.

One more thing, I agree with battycatlady about the opening sequence. There's sooo much wrong with it, I miss the old one.
I still think UNIT deserves a series of it's own, starring Martha
Reply 59
Well going by the poster for next weeks episode I'm guessing the whole leaf thing will be explained

Spoiler

Spoiler contains poster

Quick Reply

Latest