The Student Room Group

Your MPG rating?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My average is usually around 35 - 38, going up to around 42 on a long run and down to about 25 on a "spirited" drive.

Car is a BMW 328i, I am very pleased with that :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Kage
Well, I have the same car as you, so about the same. Around 35 MPG for me, with a £45 fill. It still lasts me a good month.

I get around 260 miles out of a full tank with a mix of driving on motorways/roads. The cold weather has affected this slightly.

I'm at 216 miles at the moment from a full tank, and I have just about one bar left until it starts to hit the red bar.

I do rev quite hard though. I'm not a slow paced driver when coming off from lights, etc.

I've been getting around 15MPG. Pure city, short distance driving. The engine seems to take a while to warm up and it just drinks it when warming up. It seem to be more economical to sit there and let it warm up by idling before driving it.

I did a bit of city and mostly A road driving yesterday and got around 45 MPG.
Reply 22
So I ran my car out of fuel the other day and got stuck in Cornwall at 2AM :'(

At least I know that I don't have a warning light and that I managed to get 147 miles out of half a tank.
Combined MPG of 28.
Reply 23
Jag XK8, 30mpg on the motorway, low 20s in town.
Reply 24
On long (and boring) journeys I often get fixated on the MPG and try to get it as high as possible. My current "record" is 85, but that requires being on cruise control at 65MPH at 3AM. Usually around 70MPG on the motorway and 40-50 in town, down to 30 in somewhere like central London/heavy traffic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending