The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

OU graduation for final course ending Oct '14

My final module next year ends in October. Does anybody know when I would be likely to graduate following the end of that course?

If I wanted to go on to do a masters, with most presumably starting around Sept/ Oct, would I have no option but to wait until the following year, or is it common to be able to supply a transcript of all other module results to demonstrate your performance (and presumably a predicted classification)?
Reply 1
Well, you'd get the module result in December, so from then on you should have a decent idea of what you degree classification will be, though I'm not sure when they confirm it officially. You don't actually have to go to graduation; they'll send you your certificate in the post.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Mmm. Thought as much :/

I really hope it doesn't mean I have to wait until autumn 2015 to do postgrad study.
Reply 3
Hi,
First post here - been a lurker for a while, but thought I'd register to reply to this message.

I'm in the same boat as you, except my courses finish this October. I wanted to the STP with the NHS this year - but as mentioned, the degree classification isn't revealed until December. I enquired with the administration team who organise the STP and they said they need a firm result for application to the programme. I also looked in to applying for graduate schemes, in particular with Jaguar Land Rover (where my wife works) and they would accept applications with provisional results. So I think it's down to the individual employer/university who will be accepting you. The best thing to do is to write to the university you are looking at for Postgrad study and explain the situation to them - they will then be able to give you the options available to you.

For me, I'm trying to get work experience as the STP will start in October 2014, but the application process starts in January 2014. Getting work experience in the field I'm interested in will hopefully show them I'm serious about what I am applying for.

Hope that helps!
Phil

Quick Reply

Latest