The Student Room Group

Which fictional universe would you live in?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clip
Westeros seems a very odd choice of places to live voluntarily. Everyone gets imprisoned, enslaved, raped or dead; or some combination of those. It would be like having a free choice of where to live here - and choosing Afghanistan or Sierra Leone.

Aye , it is an extremely wartorn intense place yes . That's why I'd like to be on the winning side :biggrin: , the Dothraki live to live they take each day as it comes , take what they want from life (quite literally) . Theres dragons , direwolves , mammoths ! such a vast array of cultures . It may be a short life and likely it would be a nasty one but I'd rather it any day to the autonomous like existence which the human race are subjected to.
Either:

1. A witch in the Harry Potter universe
2. A mutant with telekinetic abilities in X-Men
3. Doctor Who's assistant :biggrin:
Reply 42
The Wheel of Time. I'd be an Ogier.
Reply 43
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Aye , it is an extremely wartorn intense place yes . That's why I'd like to be on the winning side :biggrin: , the Dothraki live to live they take each day as it comes , take what they want from life (quite literally) . Theres dragons , direwolves , mammoths ! such a vast array of cultures . It may be a short life and likely it would be a nasty one but I'd rather it any day to the autonomous like existence which the human race are subjected to.

Interesting. I don't normally hear people romanticising notions of barbarism, rapine and plunder.

Give me the choice between working in an accountancy office or being a child soldier in some wartorn state - and I wouldn't ponder that one too long.
Original post by Clip
Interesting. I don't normally hear people romanticising notions of barbarism, rapine and plunder.

Give me the choice between working in an accountancy office or being a child soldier in some wartorn state - and I wouldn't ponder that one too long.

I don't really like my life in general anyway :smile: that's probably why. Sad but true:redface:.
Reply 45
kingdom hearts ofc
Reply 46
Lord of the Rings universe.
No technology, peace after the war of the ring... just beautiful landscapes, cultures and sublime history...
YUP.
Reply 47
The universe from the Graceling/Seven Kingdoms trilogy. Although there was rather a lot of awful leaders, there were a few good ones. And the idea of Graces is so cool :smile:
Middle Earth, Harry Potter land, Westoros, World of Warcraft. Would take any of these.
Would love Kanto or Johto but lots of already said that :frown:

Also the Wreck it Ralph universe where all the games were would be sweet :colone:
Probably Lord of the Rings. I'd want to be the 10th member in the Fellowship.

Either that, or the Star Wars universe, in the time of the Great Galactic War and Cold War (for those who don't know, those events take place a long time before the movies, and are covered in video games and comics).
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
There's only one place...

clip-art-pokemon-988791.jpg

I was going to make a wise and well considered decision.

Then I saw this
As Awesome as a place like Middle Earth or Tamriel or Westeros would be, and as much as I'd love to live in a universe where Jedi's exist... I have to say Discworld, where one in a million chances crop up 9 times out of ten! (so long as you acknowledge this rule out loud by saying "This is a One in a million chance!")
Reply 53
I was going to say the Land of Ooo from Adventure Time (which is actually a post apocalyptic Earth). But if I can't be the main character, that means I can't be human.
Meritocracy.

Too demanding ? :s-smilie:
One of: Tamriel, the Halo universe or Middle Earth
The Lacteal Covenant only exists in my head so far, so I'll say the Mass Effect universe.
Reply 57
Sword Art Online.
Reply 58
Oddworld. Dangerous as hell, but damn is it beautiful
Reply 59
The one with no gay people

Quick Reply

Latest