The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Unit 1H June 2013 Of Mice and Men

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Jack59
I just hope part B has a character to talk about, like Crooks and racism for example. Sadly, if it is Curley or Slim, I can't see it being related to them as there isn't really any ideas within their characters in which you can compare to America at the time.

I suspect this is the reason they haven't come up yet.. maybe they won't because of this.

When did Candy last come up? There could be a part B related to him.

Candy last came up in January 2011 and parts a) and b) were about him
Reply 21
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.
i am so stressed for this exam :frown: i have 6 days to PROPER revise, please can anybody give me some tips on what to focus most of my time on? which characters/themes are MOST likely to come up? thank you :smile:
Themes, relationships, Great Depression, attitudes to women? Thats what I've been doing
Reply 23
What do you guys think then? Slim or Curley? - I'm hoping for Curley out of them two. Just hope it isn't a place such as the bunkhouse.
Reply 24
What about Aunt Clara?
Reply 25
I hope Curley comes up if its between slim and Curley i dont even know who slim is 😐 what can you even write about Curley tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by ThatGirlx
I hope Curley comes up if its between slim and Curley i dont even know who slim is what can you even write about Curley tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Something about Aunt Clara's influence, I think I would have a mental breakdown. :biggrin:

I revised Slim tonight and surprisingly there is a hell of a lot to write about him, I'd probably hope for Slim over Curley at the moment. I'm unsure on how you can not know who Slim is, he is a key figure within the ranch, often described as the prince of the ranch. Of Mice and Men would be a different book without Slims influence.

Fairly certain we will get Slim or Curley.
Reply 27
what can i write about slim if he comes up?
do you really think aunt clara will come up?! :/
omg. im guna failll :frown:
Reply 28
No chance Aunt Clara will come up. :biggrin:

Big possibility Slim will.
morning all

my teacher gave me a list of stuff that will come up: Slim, Curley, Dreams, Loneliness

she said that these are the most probable things we will be tested on.

so thats what i am mainly going to be learning.

anywho, to be honest you dont need to revise OMAM seeing as the question will be giving you a section of text for you to analyse. everything you need to write about will be in the text so it doesnt matter.

only for the part b question should you read over it.

real quick, how long should i spend on writing this essay question? 30 mins right???

cheers fellas

tazza ma razz
Reply 30
Original post by Jack59
Something about Aunt Clara's influence, I think I would have a mental breakdown. :biggrin:

I revised Slim tonight and surprisingly there is a hell of a lot to write about him, I'd probably hope for Slim over Curley at the moment. I'm unsure on how you can not know who Slim is, he is a key figure within the ranch, often described as the prince of the ranch. Of Mice and Men would be a different book without Slims influence.

Fairly certain we will get Slim or Curley.

What can you write about Slim?
& who the hell is Aunt Clara
shoot me now:frown:
Original post by tazza ma razza
morning all

my teacher gave me a list of stuff that will come up: Slim, Curley, Dreams, Loneliness

she said that these are the most probable things we will be tested on.

so thats what i am mainly going to be learning.

anywho, to be honest you dont need to revise OMAM seeing as the question will be giving you a section of text for you to analyse. everything you need to write about will be in the text so it doesnt matter.

only for the part b question should you read over it.

real quick, how long should i spend on writing this essay question? 30 mins right???

cheers fellas

tazza ma razz

You spend 45 minutes on Section A, and then another 45 minutes on Section B but this section includes 2 questions - one on extract, one on context. So ideally you should split it 22.5 mins on each, but it's more likely that you'll spend longer on the extract since you will not have planned a response to it beforehand like you should for the possible context questions such as Curley etc.
Original post by TheWantedGuy
You spend 45 minutes on Section A, and then another 45 minutes on Section B but this section includes 2 questions - one on extract, one on context. So ideally you should split it 22.5 mins on each, but it's more likely that you'll spend longer on the extract since you will not have planned a response to it beforehand like you should for the possible context questions such as Curley etc.

for section a, there are 2 questions, so i get to pick the one i answer. simple enough, though come the exam i will probably have a house built up underneath my chair with all the bricks that were s*at!!!

for the section b there are 2 questions, a and b.

question a, you are given a section of text, that you have to analyse. easy and simple enough

question b, you are given a context question ie america in 30s, the roles of women etc. how do we plan for it? i assume just read over all themes????

doesnt seem to hard then,

cheers for the reply

tazza
Reply 33
pleassssse help someone, what on earth can i write about slim if he comes up?! :frown:
Reply 34
I have a feeling that it might be the friendship between Lennie and George - It hasn't come until June 2011 and AQA are very cunning; therefore, I believe that they may put this concept forward.
Reply 35
How do people time the mice and men section of the exam? Equal times for part a and b or do you give more time to section b?
Reply 36
I'm sure it's Slim!Has to be!Cause there's so much you can write about him like how he has the all the attention from the ranch workers and portrayed as the prince of the ranch.
Reply 37
Can someone tell me anything i can write about slim??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
What about whit and carlson? couldn't they come up?
Reply 39
What "context", is there to do with Slim?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending