The Student Room Group

Meeting new people in London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
Hey! Whereabouts in London are you from?

The South-East, so Bromley but it only takes me about 20 minutes to be in Victoria :redface:
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
The South-East, so Bromley but it only takes me about 20 minutes to be in Victoria :redface:

Nice.that's near Kent right?
Reply 82
Original post by Anonymous
Currently I'm living near Limehouse :smile:

message me so we can talk
London here too, I can relate to it feeling like a lonely place.
Though the kind of people we are I think we would feel lonely everywhere else too. I could do with making some friends :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Nice.that's near Kent right?

Indeed it is -_- haha that's a fact I try to avoid saying.
Indeed it is -_- haha that's a fact I try to avoid saying.

Why?Kent is alright LOL.
Why?Kent is alright LOL.

Oh I dunno about that :tongue: I like to think of Kent as Britain's backside (thereby making Essex Britain's tramp stamp haha).
Oh I dunno about that :tongue: I like to think of Kent as Britain's backside (thereby making Essex Britain's tramp stamp haha).

Haha!I've never been to Essex and I don't think I ever want to go.so are you at uni?
Haha!I've never been to Essex and I don't think I ever want to go.so are you at uni?

Oi!
Original post by InnerTemple
Oi!

Oops.sorry.what do you like about Essex?
Oops.sorry.what do you like about Essex?

I'd say it is fairly average. It has bad parts and good parts. A positive is that I can get into London very quickly and quite cheaply on a very reliable train line. I also live a stones throw from the countryside and a short drive from some very nice beaches/seaside towns.

I wouldn't say there is anything remarkably bad about Essex... I really don't understand why people seem so annoyed about its existence! :tongue:
Original post by InnerTemple
I'd say it is fairly average. It has bad parts and good parts. A positive is that I can get into London very quickly and quite cheaply on a very reliable train line. I also live a stones throw from the countryside and a short drive from some very nice beaches/seaside towns.

I wouldn't say there is anything remarkably bad about Essex... I really don't understand why people seem so annoyed about its existence! :tongue:

haha!nice.I've never been to a beach in Essex.nothing beats London though :tongue:

I was. I have since *cough* finished though.
I was. I have since *cough* finished though.

Lol what's with the *cough*?

Lol what's with the *cough*?

I didn't exactly graduate -_-
Ahhh!how come?
Hi everyone, thought I'd add my ten pence since this thread pretty much sums up my life right now... I moved to London last October and it's really quite hard to meet new people here! Sigh...

Still, I shouldn't complain.. because I live in London and it's amazing. I'm a musician so I've just joined a choir and am working so I am meeting some people, but it's tricky...
Original post by Anonymous
I wish that I had the money to live out west! :tongue:

I live in West London and compensate because my flat is the size of a shoebox :tongue:
Reply 98
Glad I'm not the only person that feels this way. London I've found is generally quite a friendly city when you're in pubs/clubs etc, but it's impossible to really make friends the old fashioned way because it's so vast - half the time you meet someone they turn out to live on the other side of town. And whilst that's OK for long-built friendships, it's not so conductive to making new ones - I manage to see my friends who live on the other side of London twice a month if I'm lucky, you don't really build new friendships with such sparse meetings - that leads to a rather lonely existence the rest of the time.

I'd love to make it to your April 20th meet-up, but unfortunately I have exams the week after.
Horrid city. Get the hell out to the provinces.

Quick Reply

Latest