The Student Room Group

Got this girls number...

So I went out the other night and got this girls number, she seemed quite on it. Text her on Saturday, she text back a few times and kept the convo going.. I feel asleep Saturday early so replied to her Sunday morn... Asking her out to drinks. She hasnt replied since..

How do I play it from here? Not sure whether to text again etc
Seriously though wtf, you talk about this girl like she's an object and that you're playing a 'game'. Just let things unfold, if she likes you then you will not need to do much to further the relationship you have with her.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Lol i meant like... Do I leave it or text her again or wait?
Reply 3
Original post by goodkidbadcity
Lol i meant like... Do I leave it or text her again or wait?

Depends if you think its game over yet :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by pinda.college

Seriously though wtf, you talk about this girl like she's an object and that you're playing a 'game'. Just let things unfold, if she likes you then you will not need to do much to further the relationship you have with her.

yeah I agree, just leave it...it's only been a day, give her another text mid week if she's not gotten back to you by then, just ask how she is etc. If she doesn't respond to that just forget about her. She clearly isn't 'on it' in that case. :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by goodkidbadcity
So I went out the other night and got this girls number, she seemed quite on it. Text her on Saturday, she text back a few times and kept the convo going.. I feel asleep Saturday early so replied to her Sunday morn... Asking her out to drinks. She hasnt replied since..

How do I play it from here? Not sure whether to text again etc
Text again, but in a few days. some people take a while to reply. some people like a bit of chase, others don't, so as it suggested, just play it by ear (or screen, as it were).
OP to keep it simple.
Give her some time as may be busy, if you really do like her then give her another text/call a day or two later.
If she still doesn't reply back, then i'd cut your losses and move on from her...

Watchout your posts bro, i got banned for 'spamming' for writing stuff like this.

Agree with this bolded pretty much though
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Find out her general interests, hobbies, and ask her about what she likes to do on a date talk to her about things you have in common take it from there.

In all seriousness getting a girls number on a night out means nothing but fate conspired to you getting her number.

You guys texted, it has now dried up. At this point big boys and girls recognising absolutely no investment in it whatsoever will carry on with their lives without issue or concern.

Until such a time as you guys have a date (if you even have one) don't worry so much if she takes ages to reply, or doesn't reply at all.

Until you get that date she is just some random stranger you occasionally text. I know a lot of people in this day and age think talking over text or the net equates to 'something' but realistically it is less than nothing. Especially if that + one drunken night of getting on okay is all you have.

Edit, since you replied: leave it for a day or two, then text again with a nice chit-chatty tone, suggest a meet up (especially for say lunch or coffee, 'for drinks' gets tiresome for some people who knows), then take comfort in knowing the ball is in her court and you have put yourself out there, and if she doesn't respond you have had your closure. Move on.

Best of luck, OP.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending