The Student Room Group

TSR Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE) Super Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chrisidialu
Well no😂 because if i do manage to get A*A*A and not have imperial as my firm then I may have missed out on receiving one of the top university educations in the world for my subject😅

UCL is a very good university.

You can always choose to do your MSc at ICL if you really want.

Choose the course and environment you consider fits you best, not the university "reputation".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well no😂 because if i do manage to get A*A*A and not have imperial as my firm then I may have missed out on receiving one of the top university educations in the world for my subject😅

I was in your position. I firmed Imperial, insured UCL cos there was a massive offer difference between Imperial and UCL. Turned out I messed up my A levels real bad but still got into UCL. Once I got here, I was really regretting not doing well to get into Imperial for a few weeks but turns out that the opportunities here at UCL are aplenty too, you'll surely not miss out on anything. Plus you meet so many different people here too and this isn't a criticism of Imperial but I found that Imperial's environment was not for me (cos I was studying at Imperial for a summer), but UCL's fitted with me a lot.

With regards to EE, I wouldn't say that there's a huge difference although Imperial's facilities are no doubt better, but because we are comparing Imperial as one of the world's leading EE departments, UCL's isn't any bad or whatever - it is pretty strong, there's everything you need here for UG+PG+PhD etc. Lots of research going on here and lecturers/professors really spend time with you if you need any help, so UCL is a pretty good fit for me. Hope that helps
Original post by Stickman
I was in your position. I firmed Imperial, insured UCL cos there was a massive offer difference between Imperial and UCL. Turned out I messed up my A levels real bad but still got into UCL. Once I got here, I was really regretting not doing well to get into Imperial for a few weeks but turns out that the opportunities here at UCL are aplenty too, you'll surely not miss out on anything. Plus you meet so many different people here too and this isn't a criticism of Imperial but I found that Imperial's environment was not for me (cos I was studying at Imperial for a summer), but UCL's fitted with me a lot.

With regards to EE, I wouldn't say that there's a huge difference although Imperial's facilities are no doubt better, but because we are comparing Imperial as one of the world's leading EE departments, UCL's isn't any bad or whatever - it is pretty strong, there's everything you need here for UG+PG+PhD etc. Lots of research going on here and lecturers/professors really spend time with you if you need any help, so UCL is a pretty good fit for me. Hope that helps

Yeah it does thanks, on a separate note, did you get an accommodation offer from ucl since it was your insurance choice
Yeah it does thanks, on a separate note, did you get an accommodation offer from ucl since it was your insurance choice

Uni is meant to be some of the best years of your life. I wouldn't go to imperial for the better prestige if you're going to hate the experience. Obviously Imperial tops UCL but you're going to get very similar opportunities coming out of uni.

I'd bet a lot of money that UCL has better social but then if academics are too much of an issue leave imperial as your firm.
The main reason is because of ucl insurance accommodation policy so im not guaranteed a place for first year if i keep it as my insurance. Secondly I feel I'll fit in better at ucl like I am conpletely opposite to the stereotypical imperial student and id prefer to meet a range of students not just ones who do science subjects. Finally im predicted A*AA but my Imperial offer is A*A*A which I very much doubt I am going to get.

this talks to me man

fkn unreal how similar your position is to me, honestly Chris, they tend to provide accommodation regardless, its just you will be bottom priority. I think we are good bro
Original post by Formless
this talks to me man

fkn unreal how similar your position is to me, honestly Chris, they tend to provide accommodation regardless, its just you will be bottom priority. I think we are good bro

Btw I wrote out my reply to your PM like a few hours ago I just forgot to press send😂
Can someone please explain why in all the top universities (Imperial, UCL, Bristol, Bath etc) the EEE course always has a lower entry requirement than mechanical, civil, aerospace, chemical and the others. Like in Imperial it's A*A*A min for all the latter but for EEE it's A*AA. And in UCL and Bath it's A*AA for all the engineering courses but for EEE it's AAA. Why???
Original post by Shadowbinder7
Can someone please explain why in all the top universities (Imperial, UCL, Bristol, Bath etc) the EEE course always has a lower entry requirement than mechanical, civil, aerospace, chemical and the others. Like in Imperial it's A*A*A min for all the latter but for EEE it's A*AA. And in UCL and Bath it's A*AA for all the engineering courses but for EEE it's AAA. Why???

Supply and demand probably

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I didn't
18 sleeps to results.
Original post by hedgemonkey
18 sleeps to results.

17 Sleeps for me, no chance of me sleeping the day before judgement day aha
Single digit sleeps left now. Lol
Reply 453
Single digit sleeps left now. Lol

Absolutely bricking it already, I don't think I did very well in maths after C4. :frown:
Guys, the clearing courses are online in UCAS now

Check if your course has gone into clearing.
Guys, the clearing courses are online in UCAS now

Check if your course has gone into clearing.

Except that... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=26247-Is-is-possible-to-predict-what-universities-will-do-on-results-day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Email from Southampton just now. Got in...........

Me too!

Original post by zlatan8
Me too!

Congrats guys, I got into Imperial (firm) so won't be going Southampton. Good Luck!
Congrats on your results guys! For those of you heading to Southampton, be sure to join our Freshers' group to stay in the loop! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :smile:

Undergraduate Freshers https://www.facebook.com/groups/649847285169999/

Postgraduates and Masters https://www.facebook.com/groups/817273238409949/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending