The Student Room Group

Efficient 2nd year university exam techniques

I didn't commit enough time to studying my modules during the 1st and 2nd term and a lot of what I'm studying is quite new. I have over a month to sit and study for 7 2nd year exams, so far I'm doing OK but I'd like to know the most efficient way to study. In the past I use to just copy the masses of text in textbooks and this wasn't efficient or effective, it took too much of my time and I wasn't able to dwell into the more important points. I'm now trying to condense my notes. To stop me from copy chucks of text from the textbook I thought just writing the detailed summaries at the end of each chapter would be good enough to revise from (as well as lecture notes, online sources and scientific articles). Is this a bad idea or a good idea? Time really isn't on my side.
Reply 1
Original post by Iamyourfather
I didn't commit enough time to studying my modules during the 1st and 2nd term and a lot of what I'm studying is quite new. I have over a month to sit and study for 7 2nd year exams, so far I'm doing OK but I'd like to know the most efficient way to study. In the past I use to just copy the masses of text in textbooks and this wasn't efficient or effective, it took too much of my time and I wasn't able to dwell into the more important points. I'm now trying to condense my notes. To stop me from copy chucks of text from the textbook I thought just writing the detailed summaries at the end of each chapter would be good enough to revise from (as well as lecture notes, online sources and scientific articles). Is this a bad idea or a good idea? Time really isn't on my side.

Depends on the type of degree (i.e. Law)?
Reply 2
Original post by Debdener
Depends on the type of degree (i.e. Law)?

Oh biochemistry :smile:
Reply 3
100% true:

I used to fantasize that Ellie Goulding was on my course and that she had offered me intimacy in return for help revising. She'd ask the questions and I'd dig out the answers and "help" her on a study date.

Got 2is in Family and Employment Law, so it's a valid technique.
Reply 4
Original post by Clip
100% true:

I used to fantasize that Ellie Goulding was on my course and that she had offered me intimacy in return for help revising. She'd ask the questions and I'd dig out the answers and "help" her on a study date.

Got 2is in Family and Employment Law, so it's a valid technique.

Oh my this had me laughing, but aslong as it worked for you that really is all that matters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending