The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

I work in Admissions at Bath so thought I would post a reply.

You should shortly receive an email from us with details of how to apply for accommodation.

You will need to wait at least 48 hours from when you choose us as your Firm option at UCAS until you can apply for accommodation as we do not receive notification of your decision from UCAS immediately.

Hope this helps!

Is this still true this year? It's mentioned nowhere on your website. In fact, the text on your website now contradicts this.

When can I apply?If you've applied and hold an offer for 2014 entry you can register for accommodation from 10am on 8 April 2014.
You must have accepted your offer of study and applied online by 1 July. We will send out your contract in August or September which will include the contract dates.

So do I need to hold an offer like your website says or do I need to have firmly accepted it like you said during last year's applications? Because I firmly accepted my offer today at 19:00, does that mean I'm going to miss the first 9 hours of accommodation applications?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 361
Original post by benplumley
Is this still true this year? It's mentioned nowhere on your website. In fact, the text on your website now contradicts this.

So do I need to hold an offer like your website says or do I need to have firmly accepted it like you said during last year's applications? Because I firmly accepted my offer today at 19:00, does that mean I'm going to miss the first 9 hours of accommodation applications?

I'd imagine it's still true, purely because of how long it takes to update through UCAS and the university's admissions system, so yes, you're going to miss the first half day.
Original post by Damask-
I'd imagine it's still true, purely because of how long it takes to update through UCAS and the university's admissions system, so yes, you're going to miss the first half day.

I've just phoned their accommodation line, it's not a strict 48 hours, it's just a maximum of 2 overnights which my acceptance will have had by Tuesday morning.
Reply 363
EASTWOOD OR WESTWOOD??
Original post by MRayanS
EASTWOOD OR WESTWOOD??

westwood > eastwood
Hi

I don't know if anyone still looks at this thread, but I got an offer from bath for an undergraduate course but I haven't applied for accommodation yet. So I'll be applying on the 20th of august and I was wondering what your opinions were of which campus accommodation was the best? I'm not looking for anything too expensive, so was looking at Westwood, eastwood, Norwood house, Osborne house, woodland court and marylbourough and solbury court.

Thanks for any help
Original post by WingZero
Hi

I don't know if anyone still looks at this thread, but I got an offer from bath for an undergraduate course but I haven't applied for accommodation yet. So I'll be applying on the 20th of august and I was wondering what your opinions were of which campus accommodation was the best? I'm not looking for anything too expensive, so was looking at Westwood, eastwood, Norwood house, Osborne house, woodland court and marylbourough and solbury court.

Thanks for any help

To be honest, I doubt you will have any (or much) choice at this stage. A number of people applying on the 20th won't get a place in halls and will have to find private accommodation. Did you get your place at Bath through clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 367
Original post by Millie1986
To be honest, I doubt you will have any (or much) choice at this stage. A number of people applying on the 20th won't get a place in halls and will have to find private accommodation. Did you get your place at Bath through clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
whats the chance of getting an accommodation if bath was my insurance choice? i applied early morning today at about 9:15?
Original post by achu123
whats the chance of getting an accommodation if bath was my insurance choice? i applied early morning today at about 9:15?

I have no idea I'm afraid. I just know that people applying after the deadline in June (or whenever it was) had limited choice.
Reply 369
I have no idea I'm afraid. I just know that people applying after the deadline in June (or whenever it was) had limited choice.

i badly hope i get on campus! :frown:
Original post by achu123
i badly hope i get on campus! :frown:

Good luck with it, but don't panic if you don't - people seem to end up loving wherever they live. Did you listen to the podcast they did yesterday about accommodation with freshers from last year - one who lived in halls on campus, one in halls off campus, and one in private accommodation? If not have a listen.
Reply 371
Good luck with it, but don't panic if you don't - people seem to end up loving wherever they live. Did you listen to the podcast they did yesterday about accommodation with freshers from last year - one who lived in halls on campus, one in halls off campus, and one in private accommodation? If not have a listen.

where can i get the link to listen to them? but thank you for the information! :smile:
Original post by achu123
where can i get the link to listen to them? but thank you for the information! :smile:

Here you are https://www.facebook.com/1449amurb/app_579320228799622 They are doing a series of podcasts; the first one was a general welcome to freshers week one, then yesterday there was one on accommodation, then tomorrow there is one about the SU, societies, and the arts, and so on.
Reply 373
Here you are https://www.facebook.com/1449amurb/app_579320228799622 They are doing a series of podcasts; the first one was a general welcome to freshers week one, then yesterday there was one on accommodation, then tomorrow there is one about the SU, societies, and the arts, and so on.

Thank you for the information! I will definitely look at it! :smile: Thank you.
Is there a way to appeal the accommodation? My daughter has been allocated a city centre site and she has really suffered during covid with mental issues. I believe it would be far better to be onside. Please can you help

Latest