The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Done it at last, and it's only taken 2 hours!:biggrin:
Doubt I'll actually get Marl/Sols now, but we can always hope that they change it to a lottery, after all these issues.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 61
Thank god, finally made the application.

The state is meant to be "Awaiting Verificiation", right guys?
Reply 62
Original post by Hamburglar
Thank god, finally made the application.

The state is meant to be "Awaiting Verificiation", right guys?

If done you should get an email with subject "Application for Accommodation at the University of Bath"
Reply 63
Well according to the poll I am the only person who has applied for Westwood :colonhash:
Reply 64
Done! 2 hours of constant clicking and i'm there :biggrin:. Not sure if i'll actually get my preferred accommodation but never mind
Reply 65
Original post by montstar
Well according to the poll I am the only person who has applied for Westwood :colonhash:

Be happy you'll get your choice !!:cool:
Original post by JoeWtkd
Done it at last, and it's only taken 2 hours!:biggrin:
Doubt I'll actually get Marl/Sols now, but we can always hope that they change it to a lottery, after all these issues.

Isn't it kind of like a lottery anyway seeing as the "first come first serve" comes into effect once your offer becomes an unconditional firm. Unless I'm mistaken, it will be based on when they receive your summer results as opposed to how quickly you applied today. As long as you apply before the accommodation gets removed then you're in the same boat as everyone else applying there. (Except ones who already have an unconditional offer)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by HPAG
If done you should get an email with subject "Application for Accommodation at the University of Bath"

Ah yes I got that. :smile: It just says thank you for submitting the application or something. Then some information about when you should hear from them.

Only thing that worried me was the fact that it still said awaiting verification, oh well.
Reply 68
Original post by Hamburglar
Ah yes I got that. :smile: It just says thank you for submitting the application or something. Then some information about when you should hear from them.

Only thing that worried me was the fact that it still said awaiting verification, oh well.

At least this year they have given preferences so you can choose sol as 1st n woodland as 2nd. Last year with only 1 choice you got stepped down so from sol ensuite you went to a shared n not necessarily the one you would prefer.
Reply 69
Regarding the Osborne refurbishment: "The kitchen units are being refurbished this summer. It's not a full building refurbishment".
Reply 70
Yeah, last year they didn't have preferences which I thought was ridiculous! If you don't get a place at your favourite, you don't want a random lottery!

I've only just completed my application .. does anyone know if IBs get allocated accommodation earlier because our results day is earlier?
Reply 71
Original post by JuliaRoseD
Yeah, last year they didn't have preferences which I thought was ridiculous! If you don't get a place at your favourite, you don't want a random lottery!

I've only just completed my application .. does anyone know if IBs get allocated accommodation earlier because our results day is earlier?

I'm in IB too and I was told earlier in this thread that we're allocated as soon as we get the results so should be earlier and therefore it's more likely to get your prefered choice I think :wink:
Surprising how so many people are applying for woodland court/Marlborough/solsbury xD is everyone made of money!? Haha.
Original post by Oschene23
That's long gone unfortunately, do I have to email then? Does it follow a specific format which I could guess at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's your full name in initials, followed by a two-digit number which is random, as far as I'm aware.
Basically you should all pick Brendon Court :wink:

edit: will also answer all questions pertaining to UoB life, if promised cake :jumphug:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 75
The cake is a lie!
Reply 76
Original post by maereth
I'm in IB too and I was told earlier in this thread that we're allocated as soon as we get the results so should be earlier and therefore it's more likely to get your prefered choice I think :wink:

Woohoo! What's your offer? I'm a bit worried about getting a 6 in HL maths but I'm doing +Alvl in maths and that has less content and I've chosen less stats (a problem area for me) so hopefully it'll be okay :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by JuliaRoseD
Woohoo! What's your offer? I'm a bit worried about getting a 6 in HL maths but I'm doing +Alvl in maths and that has less content and I've chosen less stats (a problem area for me) so hopefully it'll be okay :smile:

38 with 6,6,7 at hl and 6 in maths sl, which I'm also a bit worried about but I'm working on it ;d and I'm going to study psychology. but I'm from Poland, so no A-levels ;d sure it'll be fine we'll all meet in September :smile:
Reply 78
Anybody know how to find out if any residences have been taken of the list if one has already put their application for accommodation ?
Original post by HPAG
Anybody know how to find out if any residences have been taken of the list if one has already put their application for accommodation ?

I dont think they take any off for atleast a week or two, not sure though :dontknow:

Latest

Trending

Trending